Blurry Mavericks camera

duke17
Go to solution Solved by duke17,

Hello,

I have a problem with both IIR mavericks in wich the camera is completely blurry. However on the H or the K the camera is completely focus as you can see on the pictures attached.

Is this just me? Is this normal behaviour? Is there a way to fix it?

Thanks!!

blurry1.png

blurry2.png

Yep, I can understand that but we moved from one image (in Eagle Dynamics video on YT) to the other that is my game captured moments ago...

When and why do we have that HUGE difference? I mean, try to aim at anything with that... and good luck.

blurry2.png

blurry1.png

• ED Team
13 minutes ago, H0RN9T_ said:

Check "Res. of Cokpit Displays" in settings, if you have 256 change it to 1024 (or 1024 every frame)

Good suggestion, I wasnt sure as he is seeing some ok and some not, but it may make a difference. 

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

• Solution

So it was on my side, that was what I needed to know. And got the problem.

I was running with the resolution Helios asks me to run to be able to use it, even I wasn't using Helios and that's what I got, some blurry mavericks. As soon as I changed it to my monitor RES everything's back to normal.

Thank you 🙂

blurry1.png

On 6/20/2022 at 9:42 PM, duke17 said:

I was running with the resolution Helios asks me to run to be able to use it, even I wasn't using Helios and that's what I got, some blurry mavericks. As soon as I changed it to my monitor RES everything's back to normal.

Could you please elaborate on Helios ? I am having the same problem with my mavericks, been happening for about 2-3 weeks and simply abandonned trying to sort the problem.
Since you got it sorted i'd like to as well now lol, but i have no clue what you mean by Helios ?

If possible a step by step of what you did to point me in proper direction to fix it on my end too, would appreciate it, thanks 🙂

• 4 months later...
On 6/20/2022 at 9:59 PM, NineLine said:

Excellent, glad you got it sorted!

On 6/22/2022 at 1:07 AM, SparxOne said:

Could you please elaborate on Helios ? I am having the same problem with my mavericks, been happening for about 2-3 weeks and simply abandonned trying to sort the problem.
Since you got it sorted i'd like to as well now lol, but i have no clue what you mean by Helios ?

If possible a step by step of what you did to point me in proper direction to fix it on my end too, would appreciate it, thanks 🙂

Sorry for bringing back up a thread that is answered already (For one person only). Since my message that i've quoted, my problem has not disappeared (You can say i'm quite patient yes 🙃) and am still having the issue the OP had. Picture below dates from May but is still very relevant as my problem is just as the picture depicts.

I am also linking a track file, up to date for this one, if that can be of any help.

For info, i have done a fresh reinstall of DCS, deleted what ever was left from mods what so ever, i am still having the blurry video feed from the Maverick D.
I am now at a loss as to what could be causing this problem even after like i said, reinstalling the game fully fresh.

MaverickDBlurry.png

MaverickD BlurryVideo.trk

34 minutes ago, NineLine said:

The Maverick camera is usually pretty blurry in real life from what I have seen, do you have any real world examples where it is clearer than what we have?

In most cases ours is a little too clear. 

Thanks

I can agree with this, the maverick video shouldn't be crisp clear, but to the point that i'm almost unable to distinguish a tree from a house, or a house from a truck, i don't believe this is how everybody on DCS sees it, and i'm only talking about DCS as i of coarse have no real life evidence to show.
I'm asking this because from what i'm hearing from other users, they all have a very crisp, or at least much crisper video quality then the one i'm getting and showcased in my previous post, this is why i'm asking where the problem on my end lies, as there has to be one, i feel like i'm the only one around having this issue.

An anecdote from a friend of mine who's flown the A-10C for the USAF is that the Maverick is pretty terrible at seeing and locking things outside of 4-5 nmi. And outside those ranges the shaking of the rocket motor igniting and the missile falling off the rail is apparently able to sometimes cause the seeker to lose track.

To follow up on what i was previously saying about feeling like i'm alone in this issue, 2 different persons from my group Discord sent me screenshots of their maverick video quality, the quality difference compared to mine is significant, can't be telling me now that this is as intented and maverick video (As it is in DCS) should be as blurry as mine, why would their quality be so good than ?! Hopefully by the end of the year i'll find a solution...

Here are their screenshots :

3.png

2.jpg

1.jpg

i find that the mav alone as a spotting device is nearly useless. especially when target is in between other non-target objects. the trick is to use the other sensors to target the object (ala TGP) and use the mav boresight to get a lock on the object.

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

20 minutes ago, silverdevil said:

i find that the mav alone as a spotting device is nearly useless. especially when target is in between other non-target objects. the trick is to use the other sensors to target the object (ala TGP) and use the mav boresight to get a lock on the object.

Yep thanks for the advice, which i already used in fact (Before my video quality went to what i have), but that still doesn't solve my problem unfortunately.

1 hour ago, SparxOne said:

Yep thanks for the advice, which i already used in fact (Before my video quality went to what i have), but that still doesn't solve my problem unfortunately.

yes it does look like the screens from your friends look pretty good. but within the range less than 3 i would think it would be. helios is something i do not use. though here is a post about it. 

• Like 1

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

11 minutes ago, silverdevil said:

yes it does look like the screens from your friends look pretty good. but within the range less than 3 i would think it would be. helios is something i do not use. though here is a post about it. 

I do not use Helios and never did, did a complete fresh reinstall of DCS, so Helios is totally irelevent in my case. Reading through that thread would help me in no way.