Weight limit

KoN

Within weight limit but can't take off . 

Load weapons and fuel .

Drag sliders down to weight limts but can't take off at full throttle . 

Load troops at 600kg . 

Weight limit still in the white . ?

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

I'm a dot . Pico Nero 3 link VR . @ 4k

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

1 hour ago, KoN said:

Within weight limit but can't take off . 

Load weapons and fuel .

Drag sliders down to weight limts but can't take off at full throttle . 

Load troops at 600kg . 

Weight limit still in the white . ?

Pretty sure laoding troops doesn’t count to weight limit in re arm menu? Are you using the mission editor trigger function to load troops? Tbh I haven’t tested if that increases weight in re arm menu or not. 

I assume temperature and altitude is reasonable? 

I have found that missions using current temeprsture of 20-35 degrees Celsius, does push it to its limit alot, and altitude only makes that worse 

Edited by AeriaGloria

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

5 hours ago, AeriaGloria said:

Pretty sure laoding troops doesn’t count to weight limit in re arm menu? Are you using the mission editor trigger function to load troops? Tbh I haven’t tested if that increases weight in re arm menu or not. 

I assume temperature and altitude is reasonable? 

I have found that missions using current temeprsture of 20-35 degrees Celsius, does push it to its limit alot, and altitude only makes that worse 

Well that's a good answer there . We are on the Syria map at Altitude and wind was quite strong . Rotorheads server . 

So heat and Altitude could be the factor .

Three attempts too take off , just could not gain any Hight ,My collective was at max , Felt like the engines are underpowered.

All other Heli's were taking off quite easy with full weapon load outs . 

ill test again today see if I can do track but as you know DCS tracks are broken . I wish we had the record button like other sim , Great battles . So easy to record .

Edited by KoN

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

6 hours ago, KoN said:

Well that's a good answer there . We are on the Syria map at Altitude and wind was quite strong . Rotorheads server . 

So heat and Altitude could be the factor .

Three attempts too take off , just could not gain any Hight ,My collective was at max , Felt like the engines are underpowered.

All other Heli's were taking off quite easy with full weapon load outs . 

ill test again today see if I can do track but as you know DCS tracks are broken . I wish we had the record button like other sim , Great battles . So easy to record .

It has been said in reality, Mi-24 does not handle altitude as well as Mi-8. Even though the rotor is smaller in diameter and has increased chord and RPM to make up for lack of blade length, the smaller rotor diameter still makes it lose performance faster with altitude then Mi-8. I have had times as well on rotorheads recently with 20-30 degree temperatures and FARPs at 1,000-2,000m making it hard to take off. Requiring decrease in weight and doing either a rolling take off off of the FARP, or hovering ground effect and speeding up to ETL in ground effect 

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

2 hours ago, AeriaGloria said:

It has been said in reality, Mi-24 does not handle altitude as well as Mi-8. Even though the rotor is smaller in diameter and has increased chord and RPM to make up for lack of blade length, the smaller rotor diameter still makes it lose performance faster with altitude then Mi-8. I have had times as well on rotorheads recently with 20-30 degree temperatures and FARPs at 1,000-2,000m making it hard to take off. Requiring decrease in weight and doing either a rolling take off off of the FARP, or hovering ground effect and speeding up to ETL in ground effect 

Yep sounds just like me yesterday . I tested on Enigma server and all back to normal easy take off and fully laden with weapons . 

I think you are right with height and heat . Guess ill drop fuel to get of the ground . 

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

3 hours ago, KoN said:

Yep sounds just like me yesterday . I tested on Enigma server and all back to normal easy take off and fully laden with weapons . 

I think you are right with height and heat . Guess ill drop fuel to get of the ground . 

If it helps, Chucks guide has the charts to calculate max take off weight spending on altitude and temperature I believe, maybe not temperature…..

• Thanks 1