Lantirn/Lasing Issue With Certain Building

codyj007

I was trying to bomb a factory with a GBU-24. I did the usual procedure and the bomb went long. It appears to guide onto the laser but goes too far. I have tested this with the SAME bomb, factory, and map using the F16 and the F18. Both the F16 and F18 hit perfectly without any issue. This seems to be an issue with only the tomcat. I suspect it could have something to do with the stacks on the building and how the lantirn pod laser sees it. Again, only this problem with tomcat nothing else. Video posted below to show proof.

• Like 1

Me and a server full of people can definitely confirm this absolutely annoying bug. Not sure if this is a F14 Module issue or Urga's issue because it dosent affect any other aircrafts GBU's. The factory's on the Syria map cause the F14's GBU's to land long every single time making guided munitions against it completely useless. Its almost seems like the factory on Urga's Syria map does not have a Collison model for the laser from the lantirn or something, or the smokestacks from the factory are causing the sim to think the laser is somewhere it really isnt.

Edited by HeavyGun1450

I have the same issue, only for me it’s not limited to bombing buildings or limited to a certain map.

None of my LGBs that are dropped on targets (i.e. tanks, buildings) hit anymore when I use the F14 no matter what map I’m on.

A couple months ago I spent lots of time using LGBs with Jester and never had an issue hitting targets reliably.

System: 7800X3D / Asus RTX 4090 OC / 64GB 3600mhz / Pimax Crystal / VKB GF3 Ultimate

8 hours ago, lax22 said:

I have the same issue, only for me it’s not limited to bombing buildings or limited to a certain map.

None of my LGBs that are dropped on targets (i.e. tanks, buildings) hit anymore when I use the F14 no matter what map I’m on.

A couple months ago I spent lots of time using LGBs with Jester and never had an issue hitting targets reliably.

This dosent sound right, I bombed two ground vehicles last night no issue. My suggestion would be to go into the jester menu after bomb release and make him turn the laser on 20 seconds tti. He seems to activate it 10 seconds to which I find is a little late for my tastes. Also make sure you pointing your laser at the base of the vehicle. This bug report is more or less about an issue using laser guided munitions against certain buildings (factories) on the Syria map.

3 hours ago, HeavyGun1450 said:

This dosent sound right, I bombed two ground vehicles last night no issue. My suggestion would be to go into the jester menu after bomb release and make him turn the laser on 20 seconds tti. He seems to activate it 10 seconds to which I find is a little late for my tastes. Also make sure you pointing your laser at the base of the vehicle. This bug report is more or less about an issue using laser guided munitions against certain buildings (factories) on the Syria map.

Yeah, I tried LGB attacks against tanks again today and it worked. Not sure what the issue was when I tried it yesterday.

System: 7800X3D / Asus RTX 4090 OC / 64GB 3600mhz / Pimax Crystal / VKB GF3 Ultimate

• 2 weeks later...