Problem on F-16 Flir...

https://streamable.com/tly677

HP reverb G2

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 19044) (19041.vb_release.191206-1406)
System Manufacturer: GIGABYTE
System Model: AORUS 15P XD
Processor: 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz (16 CPUs), ~2.3GHz
Memory: 32768MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 32510MB RAM
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC

Interl i7 6700k - 32Gb RAM DDR4 - RX 590 8GB - Sentey 32"2560x1440 - Saitek X-55 - TrackIr 3

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/25/2022 at 7:48 PM, RPY Variable said:

The bug is always on for me. Can't use AGM-65 neither TGP They are black 95% of the time. I also have no water at close range.

Are you using OpenXR? If so, please read this thread:

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

47 minutes ago, Flappie said:

Are you using OpenXR? If so, please read this thread:

Thanks for the reply. Yes I am.. seems that openXR is the issue. What a shame. For me, some servers are not flyable without openXR 😑 . It was working fine before the new FLIR update.

Interl i7 6700k - 32Gb RAM DDR4 - RX 590 8GB - Sentey 32"2560x1440 - Saitek X-55 - TrackIr 3

3 hours ago, Flappie said:

Yes, I've heard about OpenXR benefits. I even told friends to try it out. Let's hope it will soon be fixed.

Hi @mbucchia, can you please take a look at this issue? (if you haven't heard about it already)

I'm not the developer doing OpenComposite (which is the OpenVR to OpenXR bridge).

I do OpenXR Toolkit, which is another add-on to improve OpenXR features. 

Not quite sure what the issue being discussed is, and whether OP is using OpenXR Toolkit at all.

Please provide some more details to make this actionable. Try without OpenXR Toolkit if you have it installed, to isolate whether the issue is with OpenComposite or OpenXR Toolkit. If the issue is seen without OpenXR Toolkit, then you need to report it to the OpenComposite developers instead.

Edit: my best guess, given the lack of any information at all in this thread and the other threads linked, is that either 1) the issue is specific to OpenComposite, or 2) it is caused by FFR in the OpenXR Toolkit.

If the issue is 1) there is nothing I can do about it. If the issue is 2) there is a whole thread about asking the developer of this game to add 2 function calls to their engine to make it easier to achieve FFR (and even DFR):

Last time I checked on that thread, the developer did not want to commit to making the necessary change. This change would likely resolve the issue, if the issue is indeed 2).

Edited by mbucchia

This account is now inactive and not monitored.

Many thanks for bringing up your expertise. 👍

The request I made back in April was not ditched, by the way.

Could all affected users test what @mbucchiasuggests, please? (disable OpenXR Toolkit if you have it installed, then try to reproduce the issue)

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

• 1 month later...
On 7/20/2022 at 12:02 AM, mbucchia said:

I'm not the developer doing OpenComposite (which is the OpenVR to OpenXR bridge).

I do OpenXR Toolkit, which is another add-on to improve OpenXR features. 

Not quite sure what the issue being discussed is, and whether OP is using OpenXR Toolkit at all.

Please provide some more details to make this actionable. Try without OpenXR Toolkit if you have it installed, to isolate whether the issue is with OpenComposite or OpenXR Toolkit. If the issue is seen without OpenXR Toolkit, then you need to report it to the OpenComposite developers instead.

Edit: my best guess, given the lack of any information at all in this thread and the other threads linked, is that either 1) the issue is specific to OpenComposite, or 2) it is caused by FFR in the OpenXR Toolkit.

If the issue is 1) there is nothing I can do about it. If the issue is 2) there is a whole thread about asking the developer of this game to add 2 function calls to their engine to make it easier to achieve FFR (and even DFR):

Last time I checked on that thread, the developer did not want to commit to making the necessary change. This change would likely resolve the issue, if the issue is indeed 2).

Hope this help.

Today I open DCS, growling sidewinder server with openXR+Toolkit enabled, and had the TGP problem again. (Attached screenshot). 
null
Then I close DCS and disabled "OpenComposite (DCS.exe), "OpenCompositeACC (DCS.exe)" and "OpenComposite_DCS (DCS.exe) via the OpenXR Toolkit Companion app window.

Started DCS again, went back to Growling Sidewinder server and the TGP worked just fine.

Then I repeated this two steps, 3 more times to be sure. Always having the same result. The problem with the TGP when OpenXR Toolkit Companion app was enabled. And working finewith open OpenXR alone.

Then I tried without foveated rendering, I also tried without FSR (always closing DCS and opening again) but the problem was always there whenever the toolkit was enabled.

Captura de pantalla 2022-08-21 040345.jpg

image.png

19 hours ago, RPY Variable said:

Hope this help.

Today I open DCS, growling sidewinder server with openXR+Toolkit enabled, and had the TGP problem again. (Attached screenshot). 
null
Then I close DCS and disabled "OpenComposite (DCS.exe), "OpenCompositeACC (DCS.exe)" and "OpenComposite_DCS (DCS.exe) via the OpenXR Toolkit Companion app window.

Started DCS again, went back to Growling Sidewinder server and the TGP worked just fine.

Then I repeated this two steps, 3 more times to be sure. Always having the same result. The problem with the TGP when OpenXR Toolkit Companion app was enabled. And working finewith open OpenXR alone.

Then I tried without foveated rendering, I also tried without FSR (always closing DCS and opening again) but the problem was always there whenever the toolkit was enabled.

Thanks. Any chance you could try enabling OpenXR Toolkit Safe Mode?

8 hours ago, mbucchia said:

Thanks. Any chance you could try enabling OpenXR Toolkit Safe Mode?

Quick test: With Toolkit Safe Mode on I didn't experienced the TGP problem, it worked fine. The I close DCS and switch the safe mode off, open DCS again and the TGP problem appeared right away.

3 hours ago, RPY Variable said:

Quick test: With Toolkit Safe Mode on I didn't experienced the TGP problem, it worked fine. The I close DCS and switch the safe mode off, open DCS again and the TGP problem appeared right away.

Thanks. I know you said you tried disabling FFR and FSR, but there must be another setting interfering then. Safe mode disables reading all settings, which means no features are enabled.

Most features don't need a restart (except for upscaling, which you have already tested with and without). I would suggest next to try resetting all to default (via restore defaults menu option or ctrl+f1+f2+f3), then re-enable all settings while looking for the issue to appear.

12 hours ago, mbucchia said:

Thanks. I know you said you tried disabling FFR and FSR, but there must be another setting interfering then. Safe mode disables reading all settings, which means no features are enabled.

Most features don't need a restart (except for upscaling, which you have already tested with and without). I would suggest next to try resetting all to default (via restore defaults menu option or ctrl+f1+f2+f3), then re-enable all settings while looking for the issue to appear.

Well. I tried with settings back to default and wasn't able to reproduce the problem at all. I tried with FSR on/OFF, FFR, postprocessing, world scale, sharpness full/min, and maybe a couple more and it didn't reappear . I need to try more times and in many different scenarios in order to feel comfortable saying that it is fixed, but it is a good start. 🤞

Thanks a lot for your time and effort.

1 hour ago, RPY Variable said:

Well. I tried with settings back to default and wasn't able to reproduce the problem at all. I tried with FSR on/OFF, FFR, postprocessing, world scale, sharpness full/min, and maybe a couple more and it didn't reappear . I need to try more times and in many different scenarios in order to feel comfortable saying that it is fixed, but it is a good start. 🤞

Thanks a lot for your time and effort.

Hmm interesting. My bad I should've asked you to write down all your settings before returning to default...

• 6 months later...
On 3/13/2023 at 8:02 PM, Flappie said:

@RPY Variable Hi. Can you please tell me if you keep witnessing this bug?

I have not seen this problem again. I started playing cold war because of this and I loose track of this problem, then I came back again and I forgot to report, sorry.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Flappie said:

Thank you.

@silverdevilWhat about you?

hi flappie. hope you are well. honestly i have not noticed this lately. when i was seeing it, only briefly. i will still try to get a track if it does happen again.

• Thanks 1

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain