Aim-7p performance

Mike_CK

I’m not having great luck with the new Aim-7p. Most lose track or fail to track altogether UNLESS it’s a low aspect face shot on a hot target. How is everyone else doing with them? I went back to aim-7M

also, when you “test” the aim-7p, what model do you select on the test button on the stores page? There is only “F”, “M” and “H” on the stores page. Does this matter? 

"P" version same as previous "M" or export version "MH" have the same chaff resistance factor as R-27R: ccm_k0 = 0.5

The "P" version differs from its predecessors only by implemented radar midcourse guidance - so far I was unable to recognize the benefit of this in fight 🤨 May be some more educated from ED can explain to us, please.

• Like 1

"P" version same as previous "M" or export version "MH" have the same chaff resistance factor as R-27R: ccm_k0 = 0.5
The "P" version differs from its predecessors only by implemented radar midcourse guidance - so far I was unable to recognize the benefit of this in fight May be some more educated from ED can explain to us, please.
Yeah, no. ED didn't change anything about guidance, the P in DCS gives you an additional 1kg to the warhead...

18 hours ago, GumidekCZ said:

The "P" version differs from its predecessors only by implemented radar midcourse guidance - so far I was unable to recognize the benefit of this in fight 🤨 May be some more educated from ED can explain to us, please.

You are correct, if you look at the mined .lua files for the AIM-7P, all its values are exactly the same as a MH, except for one line "Rad Correct: 1" while the MH is "Rad Correct: 0", a few people I have talked to in the community about this have no idea what this Rad Correct value in .lua file means or even does. It is unclear if the AIM-7P we have is a Block I or Block II (My best guess is its a Block II). I suspect that .lua value has something to do with the command guidance feature introduced in this variant. So really as of right now, the AIM-7P is no different ingame then a MH which should not be the case. I would also love to know what this value in the .lua means and does from someone that knows and I would like to know if ED is planning changes down the road to accurately simulate this missile because it is not quite correct as it is.

15 hours ago, Hulkbust44 said:
18 hours ago, GumidekCZ said:
The "P" version differs from its predecessors only by implemented radar midcourse guidance - so far I was unable to recognize the benefit of this in fight emoji2955.png May be some more educated from ED can explain to us, please.

Yeah, no. ED didn't change anything about guidance, the P in DCS gives you an additional 1kg to the warhead...

This is actually not correct. It is the same exact warhead in the P variant in real life (WDU-27/B HE blast-fragmentation) as the MH and in the .lua weapon folders. I saw this was incorrectly mentioned in one of the community update letters, whoever wrote that made a mistake as this is not the case.

Am 21.6.2022 um 07:29 schrieb Mike_CK:

I’m not having great luck with the new Aim-7p. Most lose track or fail to track altogether UNLESS it’s a low aspect face shot on a hot target. How is everyone else doing with them? I went back to aim-7M

also, when you “test” the aim-7p, what model do you select on the test button on the stores page? There is only “F”, “M” and “H” on the stores page. Does this matter? 

This could be an answer