Can we maybe get an Auto-Rudder function, like on the Warbirds?

Foka

Wags announced introducing auto anti-torque feature for players flying without pedals. It would be useful to add an option in mission editor to be able to force turning off this feature (same way as mission maker can now force on/off external views, map options, turbulence ets).
It would be extremly useful option for communities demanding some level of realism.

• 1 year later...

Now I know this might be a hot topic but hear me out.

At the Moment my "Gaming Rig" is confined to a Thrustmaster Warthog and a VR Headset, which i have to assemble painstakingly on the Livingroom Couch every time I want to take ANY Aircraft for a Spin. I just Invested in PC Hardware and these Peripherals as of lately, so Building a complete Simpit with real Pedals is way out of Budget for a while.

Hence I have to resort to mapping the Pedals and Wheelbrakes to the little Stick (Modded to a real Joystick), which you normally use for the TDC (Left Middle-finger). This is nigh on uncontrollable, as soon as you just give the Collective just a wrong Look no Matter what I do to those goddamn Curves. Even taxiing with unlocked Tail-Wheel is a Pain...  I've even started flying the Apache with a XBOX Controller and used the Triggers as Pedals. This is way more manageable but, then you don't have enough Buttons to map.. xDD

It would be VERY appreciated to just have an option to say get the Counter-Torque on the Pedals taken care of automatically. I know this is not very realistic and could be considered "unfair" if used on MP Servers, but couldn't that be force-disabled in that environment, like simplified radios? And about the Realism, I don't think anyone should be mad about that, after all it would be only an option. and it would make the Module a whole lot more enjoyable for People without Pedals.

And just to clarify, apart from my Quarrels with the Pedals, I really love that Bird. 🙂

I hope i did not anger too many Hardcore Apache-Pilots with my Opinion.

Dear ED please consider^^

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Have you considered a joystick with a twist axis? That’s normally the solution for the lack of rudder pedals. 

• Like 1

i9-13900K @ 6.2GHz oc | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5