AI and BVR menuverability

This is not like a bug, but still, I think it belongs here.

I know it has been said that AI got better, it did get better for sure, but just a tad, it does dive. AI knows how to dive and crank, and that`s all; at least what I have seen. When they will "learn" how to use notch or even go cold (do a circle and recommit) and trying to hold the MAR for example? And working or helping each other when there are more then one together? These are the basics what`s concerning BVR engagement.

In my experience the DCS AI certainly do drag.

As for the other things: notching, diving, "holding the MAR", I would say these aren't good tactical decisions (very much a "it depends" though of course) but it doesn't bother me if the AI do it, I can just assume the opposing faction doesn't have the best tactics which is certainly a realistic scenario. Not really any point trying to get into tactics on the forums though, as long as the AI do something realistic that's fine with me. I'm quite happy they now drag fairly frequently in my experience.

Edited by MARLAN_

1A100.png?format=1500w  

Virtual CVW-8 - The mission of Virtual Carrier Air Wing EIGHT is to provide its members with an organization committed to presenting an authentic representation of U.S. Navy Carrier Air Wing operations in training and combat environments based on the real world experience of its real fighter pilots, air intercept controllers, airbosses, and many others.

• ED Team
15 hours ago, skywalker22 said:

This is not like a bug, but still, I think it belongs here.

I know it has been said that AI got better, it did get better for sure, but just a tad, it does dive. AI knows how to dive and crank, and that`s all; at least what I have seen. When they will "learn" how to use notch or even go cold (do a circle and recommit) and trying to hold the MAR for example? And working or helping each other when there are more then one together? These are the basics what`s concerning BVR engagement.

They are notching just depends on the circumstance and the settings in advanced waypoint actions

54 minutes ago, Spartan111sqn said:

AI is doing certain maneouvers much better than before, now it is time to move on and see the AI working cooperatively with another fighter, dragging or with SAMs dragging to their launch zone.

@BIGNEWYwhen do you think we will see it?

Improvements to group AI flight behaviour will come later. 

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

6 hours ago, skywalker22 said:

Really? Oh, didn`t noticed that yet, have to try various scenarios. Do they also go cold?

They do drag, yes.

1A100.png?format=1500w  

Virtual CVW-8 - The mission of Virtual Carrier Air Wing EIGHT is to provide its members with an organization committed to presenting an authentic representation of U.S. Navy Carrier Air Wing operations in training and combat environments based on the real world experience of its real fighter pilots, air intercept controllers, airbosses, and many others.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/22/2022 at 10:57 AM, BIGNEWY said:

They are notching just depends on the circumstance and the settings in advanced waypoint actions

Improvements to group AI flight behaviour will come later. 

Do you have a timeframe? Now that pandoras box is open..it's hard not to want the rest..