Autopilot heading channel button assign

ebabil

I am using hat switch for heading and alt adjustment on my Mi-8

But I couldn't these buttons in  the mi-24 menu. How can I do that (without axis)?

Untitled.jpg

Edited by ebabil

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

They are not currently bindable. One way to adjust heading with binds is to use route hold, and adjust it with the selector dial by the route mode button, it is called “RMI-2 rotary selector” in control menu which is odd, becuase RMI-2 is name of HSI. 

It would be nice to have adjustment knobs bindable, but I have a hunch that becuase of the differences of the AP in 24 vs the 8, they are never used, as trim button does a similar job for pitch and roll, and you have a route selector to adjust heading on long transit flights 

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

Thanks but I am using msffb2 as springless stick. So trim hat does nothing for me. I set course selector but somehow it stops responding after a while even I don't make a heading change at all

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

29 minutes ago, ebabil said:

Thanks but I am using msffb2 as springless stick. So trim hat does nothing for me. I set course selector but somehow it stops responding after a while even I don't make a heading change at all

Route mode has to be on. It has same limits as doppler system, +/-7 degrees pitch and +/-30 degrees roll. It will only roll you 15 degrees. And becuase it only has 18% authority, if you’re not perfectly trimmed it won’t have the authority to roll you. The route mode only controls heading through the roll channel 

and by trim I meant the trim button. One difference between Mi-8 and 24 is that on 24 pressing trim zeroes out the AP and we’re the current attitude as the attitude the AP tries to hold.

On Mi-8 there are 2 ways to adjust the attitude the pitch/roll AP tries to hold

1. when you turn pitch/roll AP off then back on, it tries to manntain your pitch/roll attitude when turned on

2. adjustment knobs, you can use these to change the attitude the AP tries to hold 

but in Mi-24 there is a third way, pressing and releasing the trim button. The trim hat does not interact with AP at all but trim button does, and thus using the trim button means you don’t need to use the adjustment knobs at all, you just press and release trim. So even if with a stick with no centering forces, you still need to use trim button in order to make the AP work for you and adjust to different attitudes throughout flight. Such as being able to stabilize you for the -7 degrees Pitch needed in fast cruise compared to the +3.5 degrees pitch it tried to maintain when turned on during start up 

If you have route AP on, and the roll channel deflection window is off center, it is telling you you are not on the set heading/route, and it doesn’t have the authority needed to change heading, giving a little cyclic deflection in the direction it’s deflected or re trimming  will “help” it

If you have flown black shark it is similar, in that you use trim button to tell AP to “hold this pitch/roll”

Edited by AeriaGloria

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg