Quest2 out side world blurry and messy But why . ??

KoN

My cockpit looks amazing nice and clear but the outside world looks blurry and messy with jaggy lines  . ?? 

Why is that . ??

Spotting is big black blobs and i have to get really close to see what they are . ? 

How can i make the outside world clear . 

Edited by KoN

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

I'm a dot . Pico Nero 3 link VR . @ 4k

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

• 5 months later...

Happened to me as well. It was super fine a couple of days ago. I changed a lot in an attempt to fix the shimmering clouds.
Now all of the outside is blurry and has what looks like jpg artifacts. I've tried every setting, but nothing helps.

ASUS ROG Strix B550-E GAMING - PNY GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming VERTO EPIC-X  - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - 64Gb RAM - 2x2Tb M2 - Win11 - HP Reverb g2 - Oculus Quest 2 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder - 2X Thrustmaster MFD Cougar

11 hours ago, tomcat_driver said:

Perhaps msaa mask size?

Thank you.
Yes. I changed that to 0,10.
However; changing it back to 0,42 made no difference.
I feel like I've tried everything, but the weird blur remain. Resetting Nvidia control panel; I tried the VR preset in DCS options, I tried all frequency settings in Oculus interface.
Close ground textures are smeared, and has no textures.
Even the visible airframe just outside the window is blurry.
PS! I found that it has something to do with how glass is rendered; Looking out through side window in F18 on Supercarrier is better in sideview than when looking at the deck through both hud and canopy. In AH 64 it is more blurry through both glasses from Pilot seat than the single window in CPG seat.

Edited by Moxica

ASUS ROG Strix B550-E GAMING - PNY GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming VERTO EPIC-X  - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - 64Gb RAM - 2x2Tb M2 - Win11 - HP Reverb g2 - Oculus Quest 2 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder - 2X Thrustmaster MFD Cougar

29 minutes ago, draconus said:

@MoxicaDo you have "Depth of Field" effect turned On?

Sadly, no.  🙂 

1 hour ago, Flyingfish said:

Have you tried changing the bit rate (I think)? You can do it using either oculus tray tool or the debug tool if you're using oculus link. I set it to 350. If you're using airlink you'll need to set it back to 0

I use Oculus link. I tried cable, but there was no difference.
I will check out bit rate asap.
I can not remember changing it, though, but that would be one of the things I havent tried.
Thank you!

On 12/2/2022 at 6:07 PM, tomcat_driver said:

Have you tried increasing the size of the mask to 1 or disabling it directly from the config file?

Thank you for your suggestions. I have somehow put the bandwith for the oculus air link to 0 due to some misunderstanding.
That solved the graphics compression "anomalies" I experienced.
Now I can finally fine tune towards a sweet spot again.
Almost there.. This is easy in comparison.

Edited by Moxica