Feedback Thread - F-14 Tomcat Patch June 22nd 2022

IronMike

9 minutes ago, karapus78 said:

Let me ask, is it just me that the Taxi light doesn't work?

Electric power online and Master light switch on? Maybe in full sunlight you didn't notice?

Edited by draconus

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

35 minutes ago, draconus said:

Электричество включено и главный выключатель включен? Может быть, при ярком солнечном свете вы не заметили?

Night launch, all systems are in working order, navigation is set.

2 minutes ago, karapus78 said:

And I don't find the button you specified in the settings.

Look for the binding "exterior light switch" in the F-14 Pilot \ Throttle section.

All external light controls are located on the Master Light Control Panel except for the exterior lights switch on the left throttle (see Throttle) which disables or enables all external lights apart from the approach lights.

• Thanks 1

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

Hi @IronMike I don't think it's just me but I've been having a hunt through the forums for a solution with no joy so maybe it is me? Anyway, since this last update Jester seems unable to find anything on radar, even if I tell him exactly where to look and refine the searches by getting data through the AWACS etc. He is consistently struggling and rarely finding anyone outside 20 miles regardless of background clutter etc. It's reached the point where I am frequently visually seeing the bandit and locking with PAL before Jester can find him. I can send tracks if it would help, but at the moment the Tomcat feels like it's lost its claws in the BVR environment.  Any help, suggestions or confirmation that it's not all in my head would be greatly received! Ta.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Indianajon said:

Hi @IronMike I don't think it's just me but I've been having a hunt through the forums for a solution with no joy so maybe it is me? Anyway, since this last update Jester seems unable to find anything on radar, even if I tell him exactly where to look and refine the searches by getting data through the AWACS etc. He is consistently struggling and rarely finding anyone outside 20 miles regardless of background clutter etc. It's reached the point where I am frequently visually seeing the bandit and locking with PAL before Jester can find him. I can send tracks if it would help, but at the moment the Tomcat feels like it's lost its claws in the BVR environment.  Any help, suggestions or confirmation that it's not all in my head would be greatly received! Ta.

Looks like you need to start your own thread on this. Start testing with SP instant action missions or make one yourself where you face head on co-alt targets.

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, draconus said:

Looks like you need to start your own thread on this. Start testing with SP instant action missions or make one yourself where you face head on co-alt targets.

OK will do and come back once I have more 'controlled' data.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Yott said:

Do you know, how to close it? Or maybe any other solutions to avoid it? I can't watch my replays because of it.

You can't. Avoid using Jester menu if you plan to watch the track. If you want to replay your gameplay exactly it's best to record a video or use Tacview if what and how it went is more of your interest.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Logically, there's a fairly decent chance it is Jester. All three modules with AI multicrew have track issues: Tomcat, Apache, Hind. However, many (but not all) modules have no problems with replays. Viggen, Hornet, Viper, Mi-8, UH-1. Given these are all by the same respective developers, the only common denominator between the ones that have broken replay tracks is AI multicrew. 

In addition to no cockpit views, position desync, warping (particularly on traps), wheels clipping through the deck on impact, stabilator and engine nozzle position desync, etc. all present challenges when working from the server replay tracks. 

Iceman won't maintain speed anymore. I used to be able to dial the throttle back to about 70% or so and he would stay there.  Now if I jump to the backseat I always hear the afterburner puffing (in the F-14A) shortly after unless I tell him to set speed. 

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

I got two major problems:

1) After playing a single mission once, I can't get my wingman to launch from the carrier when replaying the mission.  Mission, track and debriefing attached.

2) When launching from the carrier - every flight is limited to four jets.

Tomcat Wingman Stuck on the Carrier.log Tomcat Wingman Stuck on Carrier.trk TopGun Backfire Battle v2.miz

On 7/9/2022 at 8:25 AM, Nealius said:

Logically, there's a fairly decent chance it is Jester. All three modules with AI multicrew have track issues: Tomcat, Apache, Hind. However, many (but not all) modules have no problems with replays. Viggen, Hornet, Viper, Mi-8, UH-1. Given these are all by the same respective developers, the only common denominator between the ones that have broken replay tracks is AI multicrew. 

except I have had track desyc in SP missions with Harrier, Su-27, and F-15, so that is not the only common denominator.

41 minutes ago, Spurts said:

except I have had track desyc in SP missions with Harrier, Su-27, and F-15, so that is not the only common denominator.

Harrier is neither ED nor HB, thus irrelevant to the comparison. Su-27 and F-15 work fine on my end, but I wouldn't put them in the comparison either as they don't have interactive cockpits. The only way to make a valid comparison is equivalency:

Eagle Dynamics' helos: 

UH-1 (no AI) replays fine. Mi-8 (no AI) replays fine. Mi-24 (AI) does not. AH-64 (AI) does not. Common denominator = AI.

Heatblur's jets:

Viggen (no AI) replays fine. Tomcat (AI) does not. Same situation as the helos above. Therefore the logical conclusion is that the AI is contributing to the replay desync.

Edited by Nealius

1 hour ago, Nealius said:

therefore the logical conclusion is that the AI is contributing to the replay desync.

Only when you cherry pick your data.  As I pointed out replay desync can happen with non AI modules.  It doesn't matter who made them or if the cockpits are clickable.  They desync which means your overarching statement of " the only common denominator between the ones that have broken replay tracks is AI multicrew. " is demonstrably incorrect. 

Here's a feature request please from a 12 hour, 43 minute pilot so you may discount if you feel you need to:

Either have Jester read out the ranges of inbound targets every 5-10 miles or give a call, "Within Phoenix Range" when in Phoenix range please.

Thanks!

Just now, AvgeekJoe said:

Either have Jester read out the ranges of inbound targets every 5-10 miles or give a call, "Within Phoenix Range" when in Phoenix range please.

It's all on the TID repeater and VDI.

http://www.heatblur.se/F-14Manual/weapons.html#tws

• Thanks 1