Reservoir Fight mission - finding takeoff very difficult

Hippo

Having a lot of problems trying to takeoff in this mission, very often tipping over.  Quite frustrating after having gone through startup and inputting waypoints.

I have no issue taking off in other missions (from paved?), so not sure why it seems to be so much harder in this mission?

Any ideas, tips, suggestions?

Edited by Hippo

System spec: Intel i9 13900KF @ stock,  Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB GDDR6X, Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR4, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600MHz C18, Samsung 980 EVO 500 GB NVME M.2 SSD (system drive), Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB NVME M.2 SSD (games drive), Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler, Asus XG43UQ Monitor, Oculus Quest Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

I am guessing here, but are you trying to do it slow and gentle?

If so, try pulling on collective more decisively, it looks to me that something is getting caught on the ground.

I just tried it twice and had no problems lifting off.

• Thanks 1

Stating the obvious here so hopefully I am not insulting your prior knowledge.  A helicopter lift off is a 2-step process: 1st-get light on the skis and adjust controls to stay straight and level.  2nd, slowly increase the collective and left pedal as needed to a straight and stable hover.  However, this only works with wheels if the parking brake is released and the tailskid is unlocked.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Smokin Hole said:

However, this only works with wheels if the parking brake is released and the tailskid is unlocked.

Looks as if this was it.  I think I might've forgotten to disgengage the parking brake.  I also unlocked the t/wheel, which I had never tried doing before.  One or both of these seemed to do the trick, in that the takeoff was a lot easier.  Thanks.

System spec: Intel i9 13900KF @ stock,  Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB GDDR6X, Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR4, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600MHz C18, Samsung 980 EVO 500 GB NVME M.2 SSD (system drive), Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB NVME M.2 SSD (games drive), Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler, Asus XG43UQ Monitor, Oculus Quest Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals