Chaff/Flare Release Button

Swift.

There are no bindings for the Chaff/Flare Release Button as shown on page 56 of the included ED manual. It is a two way switch located on the right handle throttle grip. Its function is described on page 179 of the same ED manual.

Similarly on page 282 of the manual, the Chaff/Flare Release Button does not have a binding listed amongst the others.

Edit: Looking at this more, it might be a case of there being a two way switch with only one function. In which case it would be correct.

Edited by Swift.

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2

This is how is with chaffs and flares in our F-5 aircraft:

at the far back on the left console (before fuses) there are 2 knobs, left one for chaffs and the right one for flares. There you set individually for each: OFF, SINGLE or PROGRAM (and MULTI for chaffs).

There is only a single button which fires chaffs and/or flares (in controls you find it under the name: Flare-Chaff Button.

So if you have both knobs to OFF, nothing will be released, if you have both on ONE, each press will release 1 flare and 1 chaff.

So if you want to release for example only flares one by one, turn Chaff knob to OFF, and Flare knob to SINGLE.

It s a bit complicated, but this is how it is.

Personally I have bound a controls for chaffs and flares: Flare/Chaff mode Selector - SINGLE and OFF, so I can change with my hotas controller.

Edited by skywalker22

Yes I understood how ED had implemented it, it's just the manual leads you to believe it's a two way slider switch. That switch is a two way slide switch as per the manufacturers website, and the description ED assigns it is 'Activates the chaff or flare circuits' which lead to the confusion.

However further reading of natops reveals the additional description of 'activates the chaff/flare circuit as programmed by the panel' or words like that, which is a much better description and prevents the confusion.

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2

• 1 year later...