Desync between the pilot and cpg

[RH]Mostafa
Go to solution Solved by Tshark,

Even thought the Pilot start everything no warning i got those warning that listed below as CPG the attached picture  

Screen_220623_130015.png

Edited by [RH]Mostafa

Owned Modules:F/A-18C-A10CII-F16-KA50(BS2)-AH64D-F15E

Owned Maps:PG:Syria:NTTR-SINAI

• ED Team

Hi, thanks for the report and message on discord 

please if possible attach a track replay for the pilot and gunner when the desync happens.

We are investigating but it does not always seem to happen and catching it has been difficult 

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Not sure if it's the same as the OP, but we keep getting an issue where the Pilot and CPG desync.

The CPG can see where the TADS is slewed to, target and fire, but as the Pilot, I see the dashed crosshair that is bouncing all around the Pilot Crosshair.

The track is larger than 5mb, so no sure how I'm supposed to get that to you

I've got this issue as well.  The issue start at around 18 minutes in the mission.  Prior to that (from the pilot seat) the video screen (TADS) follows the tads movement and the tads cross is accurate.  Around 18 minutes in (confirmed via TACVIEW) the desync happens with the video no longer tracking and the cross is locked to the video location.  I can see when the CPG changes from FLIR to TV and zoom modes.  We did find that when the CPG slaves to a location (SP or TP) the video and cross correct themselves only to stop tracking once deslaved.  I did notice the cross moving the opposite direction from the CPG (he said he was going left and I watched it move right). FYI: both players performed a DCS repair prior to the second mission and I deleted the FXO and metashaders2 folder from saved games. 

I've got track files from 2 instances on the same mission but no track files from the CPG position.  Sorry...

Hope this can get remedied quick for a Friday hotfix since it is a game killer due to the hindrance to crew coordination. 

Server files too large to upload here. 

Link:  https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-fh_SmglIRtYG0K3DTrHsnLIZUGVs6Md?usp=sharing

-Climber

Edited by granola1861
added FYI info

One thing I have noticed when this happens, is there's a very brief pause in DCS, a lag or something, less than a second, after that, the dashed crosshair follows PHS, and if I settle on a target, the crosshair will bounce around my focus point. Changing acquisition point doesn't do anything. If I set it to fixed, the dashed crosshair will settle to the head tracker diamond, but the TADS video on the Pilots MFD (Video -> TADS -> TADS) still tracks with PHS.

On 6/23/2022 at 9:38 PM, granola1861 said:

I've got this issue as well.  The issue start at around 18 minutes in the mission.  Prior to that (from the pilot seat) the video screen (TADS) follows the tads movement and the tads cross is accurate.  Around 18 minutes in (confirmed via TACVIEW) the desync happens with the video no longer tracking and the cross is locked to the video location.  I can see when the CPG changes from FLIR to TV and zoom modes.  We did find that when the CPG slaves to a location (SP or TP) the video and cross correct themselves only to stop tracking once deslaved.  I did notice the cross moving the opposite direction from the CPG (he said he was going left and I watched it move right). FYI: both players performed a DCS repair prior to the second mission and I deleted the FXO and metashaders2 folder from saved games. 

I've got track files from 2 instances on the same mission but no track files from the CPG position.  Sorry...

Hope this can get remedied quick for a Friday hotfix since it is a game killer due to the hindrance to crew coordination. 

Server files too large to upload here. 

Link:  https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-fh_SmglIRtYG0K3DTrHsnLIZUGVs6Md?usp=sharing

-Climber

I have been flying as the CP/G with Climber and we confirmed last night that the desync only occurs if the LMC is used.  As Bignewy suggested elsewhere I have unbound LMC until the bug is fixed.

i9 10900KF 3.70GHz (5.30GHz Turbo), MSI RTX 4090 OC 24GB, ASUS Z590-E GAMING Motherboard, CORSAIR Vengeance 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, 2TB Intel 660P M.2 NVMe SSD, Virpil Alpha Joystick, T-50CM3 Throttle, MFG Xwind rudder pedals, Pimax Crystal VR.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Solution

In the above post I was the CP/G and here is my track file from the same mission.

Track link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NPaoWsOZYtYYzYubCmYEX_gm2YQ_x-bj/view?usp=sharing

-Tshark

i9 10900KF 3.70GHz (5.30GHz Turbo), MSI RTX 4090 OC 24GB, ASUS Z590-E GAMING Motherboard, CORSAIR Vengeance 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, 2TB Intel 660P M.2 NVMe SSD, Virpil Alpha Joystick, T-50CM3 Throttle, MFG Xwind rudder pedals, Pimax Crystal VR.