JAS-39 Gripen

I would prefer the JA-37 first. 🙂

• Like 1

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

34 minutes ago, VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants said:

The JA-37 is one of the very few "variant" DCS aircrafts that I would actually buy, because it is very different from the current AJS-37, not only a different cockpit, but a different radar, different weapons and different role (Interceptor instead of Ground Attack) ... pity that Heatblur would probably never do it, because the potential market for it seems pretty small ... seems that everyone playing DCS only want aircrafts with MFDs and computers handling everything, sad. 😪

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Like 7

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I would like Griphen but JA-37 is always high up on my list.

• Like 1

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

1 hour ago, Rudel_chw said:

The JA-37 is one of the very few "variant" DCS aircrafts that I would actually buy, because it is very different from the current AJS-37, not only a different cockpit, but a different radar, different weapons and different role (Interceptor instead of Ground Attack) ... pity that Heatblur would probably never do it, because the potential market for it seems pretty small ... seems that everyone playing DCS only want aircrafts with MFDs and computers handling everything, sad. 😪

Personally I would rather see JAS-39, since it can cope with other modern fighter jets, like F-16, F/A-18, F-14 and JZ-17, which we have id DCS. And for me is one of the best gen4 aircraft. 

1 hour ago, skywalker22 said:

Personally I would rather see JAS-39, since it can cope with other modern fighter jets, like F-16, F/A-18, F-14 and JZ-17, which we have id DCS

It's a matter of personal preference, I don't fly DCS competitively, so I don't really care about other aircrafts. I make my own missions and so I take care to place opposition that makes sense for the aircraft that I'm flying.

As a sidenote, the F-14 entered service on 1974, so the JA-37 is actually more modern, as it entered service on 1979.

• Like 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

On 6/23/2022 at 6:29 PM, Rudel_chw said:

tbh i wouldnt say the market would be that small..... provided that they'd do the 37D with Rb99 aka Aim-120Bs

image.png My beloved ❤️

24 minutes ago, Zahnatom said:

tbh i wouldnt say the market would be that small..... provided that they'd do the 37D with Rb99 aka Aim-120Bs

Why, why do a version that was a conversion of 34 previous airframes  and operated only from 1998 to 2004?  just to please the MP crowd?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/23/2022 at 9:24 PM, VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants said:

Yes, more doable than the current in service JAS-39 Gripen , almost fully retired. JAS 39 would be hard to get data on...

Edited by jojyrocks

If I recall the issue was that the Ja-37 and Jas-39 used a classified data link? I recall hearing that. I’m not sure if that would apply to export Jas-39 or how Sweden joining NATO will effect that.

From the Gripen C they use Link 16

Il 19/7/2022 at 16:28, F-2 ha scritto:

If I recall the issue was that the Ja-37 and Jas-39 used a classified data link? I recall hearing that. I’m not sure if that would apply to export Jas-39 or how Sweden joining NATO will effect that.

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
3 hours ago, WinterH said:

J35 pretty please

I's still a long way to be finished ...

Draken_Intakes_Render_2.jpg

Caution_Panel_On.JPG

in the meantime support the cevelopment team by getting the Sk60 🙂

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Like 2