Admiral Graf Spee

upyr1

12 hours ago, upyr1 said:

The South Atlantic map might be modern, but I'm thinking it would still be awesome to have a pocket battleship and Royal Navy ships to have a sink the Admiral Graf Spee  campaign 

Actually you don't need royal navy ships for that 😛 Graf Spee was scuttled by crew in naval port.

• Like 1

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

10 hours ago, grafspee said:

Actually you don't need royal navy ships for that 😛 Graf Spee was scuttled by crew in naval port.

After getting chanced to that port by the HMS Ajax, Achilles and Exeter.

3 hours ago, upyr1 said:

After getting chanced to that port by the HMS Ajax, Achilles and Exeter.

HMS Exeter wasn't part of chasing party.

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

56 minutes ago, grafspee said:

HMS Exeter wasn't part of chasing party.

I was thinking she was, I might be wrong but it would still be awesom to have a nice what if campaign for the Mozzie and spitfire taking operating from the Faulkands to hunt Kriegsmarine. Might as well toss in the Bismark as well. I don't care if the map's the wrong era, for the sake of awesome antiship missions, we'll overlook that. 

2 hours ago, grafspee said:

Some clastic naval artillery would be nice indeed 🙂

+1 .. I love older ships .. hopefully some user Mods can fill the need until ED can produce their own assets:

9tFTqVb.jpg

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

16 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

+1 .. I love older ships .. hopefully some user Mods can fill the need until ED can produce their own assets:

9tFTqVb.jpg

I know about the mods, and I use them. However as as there are folks out there who don't I'd like to see something official. Sadly the mod community is not interested in trying to submit their AI assets to Eagle. It is frustrating to see an update break a great mod. 

Edited by upyr1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, upyr1 said:

Sadly the mod community is not interested in trying to submit their AI assets to Eagle.

How can you state that as if it were a fact?

Are you sure that some modders have not contacted ED and it is ED the one that is not interested in taking over assets that need maintenance and sometimes need proper permissions in order to be used commercially?

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

3 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

How can you state that as if it were a fact?

Are you sure that some modders have not contacted ED and it is ED the one that is not interested in taking over assets that need maintenance and sometimes need proper permissions in order to be used commercially?

I've asked Kawkeye60, who is responsible for the World War II ships and he has said his group is not interested in submitting the assets officially.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, upyr1 said:

I've asked Kawkeye60, who is responsible for the World War II ships and he has said his group is not interested in submitting the assets officially.

OK, but from that fact, expand it to include the whole Mod Community seemed a bit much to me. Of course ED, is not really interested in adopting assets not developed in house, but it is not impossible and there are some DCS assets that started life as Mods .. read here for another view on this subject:

Also, while a User Mod is free, if it evolves into an official asset then it might not be free anymore, like happened with the MB-339 aircraft Mod .. so, think about if it is really worthwhile to ask for User Mods to be converted into official assets.

4 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

OK, but from that fact, expand it to include the whole Mod Community seemed a bit much to me. Of course ED, is not really interested in adopting assets not developed in house, but it is not impossible and there are some DCS assets that started life as Mods .. read here for another view on this subject:

Also, while a User Mod is free, if it evolves into an official asset then it might not be free anymore, like happened with the MB-339 aircraft Mod .. so, think about if it is really worthwhile to ask for User Mods to be converted into official assets.

I think it's worth it. When a Flyable mod becomes an official module it means we have a new developer. When an AI asset becomes official it means we at least have a new asset

• Like 1

Its not going to happen, it only could if the mods reached an acceptable current level and the person could give up their ip and prove its origin and ed wanted it. Modders dont want that hassle and ed dont want liability. There is huge cost in updating assets every time the tech changes. Just ask modders why they cant be bothered to update their older models. I have a ships showcase video....half of those dont work. Why? Eds fault? No. The sim moves forward. Modders come and go. Very few have what is needed.

• Like 1

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

18 hours ago, Pikey said:

Its not going to happen, it only could if the mods reached an acceptable current level and the person could give up their ip and prove its origin and ed wanted it. Modders dont want that hassle and ed dont want liability. There is huge cost in updating assets every time the tech changes. Just ask modders why they cant be bothered to update their older models. I have a ships showcase video....half of those dont work. Why? Eds fault? No. The sim moves forward. Modders come and go. Very few have what is needed.

This is why official assets are better than mods. I don't know what ED'S standards are but I believe that @NineLine has said that Eagle is willing to pay someone if they accept an asset. So part of the issue is people don't to submit their work.