Accurate J-11A.

FlankerFan35

9 hours ago, Wyvern said:

Who knows, maybe after the Jeff is out of EA, work will continue on the J-11

Until then, there is nothing we can expect.

It pisses me off too, but Deka isnt a huge company, they have to set priorities, which is the Jeff.

I assume Deka doesn't make any money on the J-11, unless ED is giving them a cut of Su-27 & FC3 sales. I expect modules that will make them money will always take precedence over what, as far as I know, is a side project.

On 7/4/2022 at 1:58 PM, Bunny Clark said:

I assume Deka doesn't make any money on the J-11, unless ED is giving them a cut of Su-27 & FC3 sales. I expect modules that will make them money will always take precedence over what, as far as I know, is a side project.

Honestly, it's just frustrating. Found incorrect things on the J-11A, DM ED and Deka devs who say make a report, make the report, then they say you're wrong, im right but I won't show you the proof or justify a single word and stop answering when you ask further.

Why ask for reports then lol?

On 7/4/2022 at 10:58 PM, Bunny Clark said:

We are not privy to any of the arrangement, but given the limited scope of work, the ED may have simply outsourced the J-11A to Deka. In turn Deka likely got to create best "RED" fighter JF-17.

• 4 months later...

Unfortunately adding a more modern, updated J-11 would not really help DCS. The trend towards PVE has really taken hold. I doubt that if they gave REDFOR the absolutely newest REDFOR aircraft available in the world with the most modern weapons that it would change this trend. Most BLUFOR servers don't like to fight REDFOR pilots. They do not include REDFOR aircraft and when they do,  most make it very difficult to participate. They place REDFOR aircraft very far away from the action, don't include AWACS or EWR support and sometime limit loadouts to 27R and 27T missiles. Adding an effective FOX 3 missile would be nice, R-77-1 or PL-12 but don't count on it. They can simulate an SU-33 AI but cant simulate a decent R-77-1. Makes you wonder why BLUFOR can go up against an AI SU-33 but not a real person in an SU-27 with similar weapons.............. Sorry about the rant!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

Many people have not seen the real J-11A MLU display!

Since then, my country has licensed the production, imitation and improvement of the Su-27, and given it a domestic model number - J-11. The degree of localization of different batches of J-11 has gradually increased, and the radar avionics equipment has also been upgraded. In the cockpit of the later model of the J-11, the original cathode ray tube simple display was replaced by an LCD display. In addition, an additional LCD display was added above the visor on the right side of the instrument panel, which can display fire control parameters, electronic maps, etc. Comprehensive information, although it is full of strong copycat flavor, as long as it can improve combat effectiveness, it does not matter if the style is rustic. After 2000, our country imported the more advanced Su-30MKK/MKK2, and the cockpit interface finally achieved initial glassization.

w700d1q75cms.jpg

I will give you a link that is in Chinese, so if you open it, use a translator and you can read the full story of the J-11A MLU!

Link: Introducing the J-11A MLU!

"Our army's J-11A has been upgraded to carry R-77 active air-to-air missiles The article also mentioned China's upgrade of the R-27, saying that China introduced the AZ-10 infrared seeker from Ukraine. After a series of improvements, the missile range was increased from 70 to 100 kilometers, which is farther than the R-77. It should be said that the editor who wrote the report was very "hardworking" and basically summarized all the "shortcomings" of R-27 over the years. But there are actually many misunderstandings about the R-27 missile. Take the poor maneuverability of the R-27 as an example. This is largely caused by the semi-active radar guidance system."

Link: https://jmqmil.sina.cn/ttspider/doc-ifyptfcn2107042.d.html

Another more detailed description of the J-11A MLU, use a translator here as well, because it is in Chinese! The J-11A is the equivalent of the Su-27UBM1!

Link: https://www.163.com/dy/article/HDCP5MN80535BT5L.html

Su-27UBM1 description: http://www.airwar.ru/enc/fighter/su27ubm1.html

Edited by Fighterinterceptor