TEDAC Special Bindings

Flagrum

There are several multi-position switches/hats. I.e. on the TEDAC: LHG FCR Mode, TADS FOV, LHG WAS, RHG FCR Scan Size and many more:

Screen_220324_215504.png

Mapping all those to existing joystick hats can be quite difficult because of the sheer number of hats/buttons required.

Suggestion: implement alternate bindings for these hat switches that just step-through the individual functions in a sensible order.

For example, add a binding "LHG FCR Mode Step-Trough" which perform the next function at each activation (1. ATM, 2. GTM, 3. RMAP, 4. TPM, 5. go back to 1).

Or "LHG TADS FOV Step-Through" steps through 1. Wide, 2. Medium, 3. Narrow, 4. Zoom

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yup. 5 hats (plus one for George!), 7 or so rocker switches (some with 3 positions), 2 slew controls, 2 dual-stage triggers and a myriad of buttons.... It's like trying to map an entire keyboard onto your controller.

I think it *might* just be doable for me, but I've got the Streamdeck for backup if I need it. I can see a lot of people dipping their toes into the wonderful world of modifiers in the near future!

I do like your suggestion though!

Thinking about it, my suggestion might not work for every hat switch. For example, if a function has a long-press and short-press action behind it, just stepping through all functions will not be really viable. But I am not sure, if such hats actually exist - maybe FCR Mode?

• 2 months later...

To help players with limited binding options (ex. players using console controllers for TEDAC), it would be nice to include bindings that will switch between 2 position switches with a single binding, or cycle between 3 or more positions with a single binding.  For example:

• LHG TADS Sensor Select Switch - FLIR / TV (toggle)
    • toggle between TV or FLIR with a single button (kind of like the existing Polarity button)
    • Note: DVO is not implemented, so can be ignored
  • NVS Select Switch TADS / PNVS (toggle)
    • toggle between TADS or PNVS
  • RHG Laser Tracker Mode (LT) Switch - A (Automatic) / O (Off) (toggle)
    • toggle between Automatic and Off
  • RHG Laser Tracker Mode (LT) Switch - M (Manual) / O (Off) (toggle)
    • toggle between Manual and Off
  • Symbology Select Switch - Up / Up / Down / Down (cycle)
    • cycles between the 4 possible symbology for the HMD sight
  • LHG TADS FOV Switch - W (Wide) / M (Medium) / N (Narrow) / Z (Zoom) (cycle)
    • cycles progressively between the 4 possible zoom levels for the TADS
  • RHG FCR Scan Size Switch - W (Wide) / M (Medium) / N (Narrow) / Z (Zoom) (cycle)
    • cycles progressively between the 4 possible scan sizes for the FCR

The above are just some examples that stood out to me.  There could be others, but this cycle/toggle concept may not be good for other controls.  For example, cycling through Weapon Action Switch A/G/M/R does not make sense since we need to be able to deselect with the same direction press, and can cause unintended conflicts with the other seat's current selection.

Edited by Tuuvas
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

adding on this (even though i have enough controls with 2 sticks, 1 throttle and an extra G13 keyboard):

i hope and wish to see those 'up/down' keybindings like we have in other modules (just example).

The NVS mode switch (a 3 position) already features that:

• up
  • down
  • off
  • norm
  • fixed

E.g. for LHG TADS Sensor Select Switch:

• FLIR
  • DTV
  • DVO
  • up
  • down
  • FLIR/TV (toggle)

Thy

K

22 minutes ago, FalcoGer said:

Single/Burst scan switch are momentary position switches. if you press them once they do the scan if you press them again they stop the scan. pressing them also does some other logic, such as clearing the tracks.

Oh nice, I didn't realize they were momentary.  I'll update the original description

• 1 month later...

To aid in binding the plethora of TEDAC controls to something simpler like a gamepad. Would we be allowed to have a few concession bindings such as:

TADS FOV Increase/Decrease - a Two way binding to cycle through the 4 FOVs rather than discrete controls

FCR FOV Increase/Decrease - Same as the TADS

FLIR/TV Toggle - Toggles between FLIR and TV

FCR Mode Cycle - Cycles through the FCR modes eg. GTM>RMAP>ARM>TPM

FCR Scan Special - Long Press = C-SCAN Function, Short Press = S-SCAN Function

STORE/UPDT Special - Long Press = UPDT, Short Press = STORE

LST Mode Special - Short Press = Automatic/Off Toggle, Long Press = Manual

IAT Polarity Special - Short Press = White/Black Toggle, Long Press = Auto

• Like 6

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2

Adding onto this. It would be possible to have all the FCR bindings on a single 4 way hat with either of the following logics:

Forward Long - Zoom FOV
Forward Short - Narrow FOV
Aft Long - Wide FOV
Aft Short - Narrow FOV
Left Long - C Scan
Left Short - S Scan
Right Long - Cued
Right Short - Mode cycle (GTM>RMAP>ATM>TMP)

Forward - Decrease FOV
Aft - Increase FOV
Left Long - C Scan
Left Short - S Scan
Right Long - Cued
Right Short - Mode cycle (GTM>RMAP>ATM>TMP)

• Like 2

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2