AH-64D: War for Palmyra (Campaign)

N1vram

Hello, I am posting here to let you know about an AH-64D campaign I recently finished creating. Feel free to comment with any feedback or problems you have, or a neat experience you had during one of the missions.

Link: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3323051/

"In this fictional campaign, Syrian forces have invaded and occupied the city of Palmyra and set up their main base of operations at the nearby airfield. Since then, they have rapidly pushed west and have taken control of several towns and oil refineries.

You will play as an AH-64D pilot with a pivotal roll to play in stopping the Syrian invasion and, if you succeed, taking back Palmyra. Strap in for a variety of mission scenarios and objectives, from supporting friendly vehicles as they assault enemy positions to evading SAM launches while making a precision strike deep in enemy territory.

If you pass a mission, friendly forces will attack during the next mission and attempt to push forward toward Palmyra. Your aircraft will start cold and you will have as much time as you want to prepare.

If you fail a mission, enemy forces will attack and push toward your airfield at Tiyas during the mission that follows. Your aircraft will start hot and you will need to takeoff quickly to intercept the enemy.

Each mission has four different preset variations of time and weather, along with some randomness in the amount, positioning, and skill of many units. If you have to replay a mission during the campaign, you may find it a bit of a different experience!

The campaign includes 16 total unique missions, although if you only ever win missions and never go back a stage you will only see 7 of them.

No radio manipulation skills are needed for this campaign, as you will only ever need to communicate with your wingman, and the radio will already be set up for that. However, expect challenging combat.

Good luck pilot. Many lives are counting on you.

REQUIRED MODULES: AH-64D, Syria Map"Thumbnail_full.jpg

image.jpeg

Combat.jpg

Night.jpg

Missile launch.jpg

Edited by N1vram
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Thanks  for your work N1vram. I'm looking forward to trying this out!

• Like 1

System specs; i7 9700k 32GB RAM 2x1TB SSD Drives (1 DCS Dedicated) MSI Z390 MB. MSI GeForce RTX 3070. 4KTV monitor. Reverb G2 VR.Stock TM HOTAS. (Tm WartHog) Throttle. VBK MCG.

Thx, I'll try it 🙂 !

• Like 1

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

On 7/2/2022 at 8:47 AM, Zarma said:

Tried, started in  mission 3, not a single word/message/voice over, didn't like sorry

No worries. There are no voice lines in the campaign, only messages that appear at some points to give the player important information, usually when friendly ground vehicles start moving and when a mission is complete.

19 hours ago, N1vram said:

No worries. There are no voice lines in the campaign, only messages that appear at some points to give the player important information, usually when friendly ground vehicles start moving and when a mission is complete.

On this note:

You could improve your missions by adding a small audio notification together with the messages. Like a small beep, or radio crackle.

I flew a few of your missions, and on several occasions I almost missed out on important messages while being fully focused nose deep into the TADS 😋

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

3 hours ago, sirrah said:

On this note:

You could improve your missions by adding a small audio notification together with the messages. Like a small beep, or radio crackle.

I flew a few of your missions, and on several occasions I almost missed out on important messages while being fully focused nose deep into the TADS 😋

Honestly, I agree. The message box that appears in the top right is too small and easy to miss. I did think of the audio cue idea, but I ended up opting for the simpler workaround of making the messages stay on screen for a little longer. At first I had them display for 10 seconds, and that was way too short. I ended up having most messages stay for I think 20 seconds, and mission complete for 100 seconds. But yeah, if I ever figure out how to do the audio cue and find a good sound for it, that would be a good update to make.

10 hours ago, Bunny Clark said:

Looks interesting, I'll have to give it a try.

I'm curious about the story though, Apaches fighting Syrians who are advancing west from Palmyra? That's a weird situation. 

The story itself is fairly contrived. I was more focused on just finding an area of the map I could use to create interesting missions between two airfields. The space between Tiyas and Palmyra has a good number of unique landmarks, so I tried to find a way where I could come up with different battles that take place at different points logically between the two ends. Creating believable geopolitical conflicts between real nations in Syria is not really a skill I have, but I am happy with the missions I was able to come up with.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, fredm2002 said:

is it still available to download?   I got a 404 not available error when trying to download a few minutes ago.

It should be, I just tried downloading and it worked for me. I posted here right after I had updated the file, so maybe it wasn't ready right away or something.

• 2 months later...

Great campaign, I like how it shifts front back and forth based on mission success or failure. 

One small quirk, in missions 1,2 and 3 are German Leopards that are not available for Syria faction. Dunno how you managed to get them there in editor. I fixed missions myself and set them as Syrian T55.

• Like 1