Early Access Price on DCS, Not on Steam

Panthros

11 hours ago, Panthros said:

I have already bought everything on Steam so I cannot switch. 

You can always switch from Steam to ED standalone:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/faq/steam/#3303126

It's everyone's own choice and multiple threads have been spend on this, but fwiw:

• Steam takes a certain part of your money (30% if I'm not mistaking?). So when buying directly from ED, more money will go to ED (with a chance on more DCS improvements for us 😉
  • On some occasions, probably due to exchange rates, Steam modules might seem 1 or 2 € cheaper than ED, but on the ED website you can earn ED-miles (to give you an idea; I was able to buy the new SA map for only €27,- by using the ED-miles I earned over the past two years)
  • Like 2

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

On 6/24/2022 at 9:24 AM, sirrah said:

You can always switch from Steam to ED standalone:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/faq/steam/#3303126

It's everyone's own choice and multiple threads have been spend on this, but fwiw:

• Steam takes a certain part of your money (30% if I'm not mistaking?). So when buying directly from ED, more money will go to ED (with a chance on more DCS improvements for us 😉
  • On some occasions, probably due to exchange rates, Steam modules might seem 1 or 2 € cheaper than ED, but on the ED website you can earn ED-miles (to give you an idea; I was able to buy the new SA map for only €27,- by using the ED-miles I earned over the past two years)

There is no switching.  That is not even an option when I or anyone else has spent hundreds of dollars in DCS.  I own just about all of the planes and scenery in Steam and you are suggesting to switch?  Some people want one game launcher to patch and maintain their games.  This is not the place to debate to Steam or not to Steam.  I would like to pick up South Atlantic and I am sure others would like to as well.  I noticed the price difference and wanted to bring to everyone's attention.  If enough people notice and Razbam takes notice, then perhaps something could be done about it.  I appreciate you taking the time to reply but it was not helpful at all.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Panthros said:

There is no switching.  That is not even an option when I or anyone else has spent hundreds of dollars in DCS. 

The point is you can switch and have your licenses transferred at zero cost to you. I have done just that in the past.

Steam has its own rules around sales so there may be discrepancies between sales on Steam and Standalone from time to time

• Like 2

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

what benefit do you have staying on Steam? DCS definitely can be transferred from Steam to standalone without any problems.  https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/faq/steam/

• Like 1

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain