Mission 6 Broken

Roosterfeet

DCS Open Beta 2.7.15.26783

Ford 410 chases F4s into SA-6 range then lands at Qeshm instead of Khasab. Mission failed because Wave never lands at Khasab.

Edited by Roosterfeet
Link removed

Ryzen 5 3600, Radeon RX 5600 XT

6 hours ago, Roosterfeet said:

DCS Open Beta 2.7.15.26783

Ford 410 chases F4s into SA-6 range then lands at Qeshm instead of Khasab. Mission failed because Wave never lands at Khasab.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TL6RlzyZUKE2C1SGXsqM7CVAQps8Xfgc/view?usp=sharing

HI

Unfortunately tracks do not work in DCS especially for a longer mission. Have you got a Tacview of the mission. Tacview files are much more reliable. (Tried to use the Track file but it broke quite quickly)

Did you spend a long time trying to kill the bandits. Just checking he didn’t run low on fuel so couldn’t make it to Khasab. AI does this sometimes.

Does this happen every time?

Any information as to the engagement will be useful. 

I will have a look  to see what the issue is. 

Thanks for the heads up.

F/A-18C Campaigns : The Serpent’s Head / The Serpent’s Head 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

It was probably an AI fuel issue, like you said. I tried again and did all I could to keep wave from running out of fuel. Stayed under 300 kts until rejoin and under 350 afterward. I took care to kill both choppers on the first pass. He still went running into SA6 range as soon as the F4s appeared but this time he went to Khasab like he was supposed to. 

Tacview-20220624-200935-DCS-Persian 6 Chopped Chops.zip.acmi

Edited by Roosterfeet

Ryzen 5 3600, Radeon RX 5600 XT

Glad it all worked out. I checked this end and he did go to Khasab as planned. As I say in the brief you need to be aware of your wingman and fly at speeds with him in mind. It can be surprising how quickly you can run your wingman’s fuel down if he is using a lot of afterburner to catch up with you. 👍

F/A-18C Campaigns : The Serpent’s Head / The Serpent’s Head 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.