Bob Morton

Hello - I hope you are doing well.

I cannot access the air to ground radar on the f-16!

Based on youtube tutorials it should be as easy as pressing the AG button right below the HUD. Also when I am in the FCR page there is no option for ATG radar.

Is my DCS in an old version that does not have this or what? I am using steam with automatic updates and the game seems up to date!

Please help!

F-14B - F-18C - F-16C - Mirage 2000

i7-6700k 4Ghz; EVGA 2080ti; 32GB DDR4; warthog HOTAS; Logitech pro flight pedals; oculus Rift S

22 hours ago, Frederf said:

FCR modes are associated with weapon delivery modes. Which specific AG FCR submode are you after and what weapons are loaded?

This might be the problem... I try to access the ATG FCR when I have a sidewinder and aamram loadout...no air to ground weapons on the plane. Are you saying that I need air to ground weapons on the plane to access the ATG FCR? What if I want to use guns to attack a ground target but my loadout is air to air?

i7-6700k 4Ghz; EVGA 2080ti; 32GB DDR4; warthog HOTAS; Logitech pro flight pedals; oculus Rift S

1 hour ago, Bob Morton said:

This might be the problem... I try to access the ATG FCR when I have a sidewinder and aamram loadout...no air to ground weapons on the plane. Are you saying that I need air to ground weapons on the plane to access the ATG FCR? What if I want to use guns to attack a ground target but my loadout is air to air?

You can always access GM mapping type modes in NAV master mode. I don't think any mapping radar modes are available in AG GUN STRF.

8 hours ago, Frederf said:

You can always access GM mapping type modes in NAV master mode. I don't think any mapping radar modes are available in AG GUN STRF.

Can you please remind me how to get to NAV maser mode? I though I could get there by pressing the AA or AG button a second time, but does not seem to do it. Thank you

2 hours ago, Bob Morton said:

Can you please remind me how to get to NAV maser mode? I though I could get there by pressing the AA or AG button a second time, but does not seem to do it. Thank you

That‘s the way. If you are in AA, press AA again. If in AG, press AG again.

However, if you are in dogfight mode/missile override mode, you must exit that mode first and it will send you to the mode that was selected prior to the dogfight mode, that could be any of the three (nav, ag,aa).

also make sure you‘re not in Selective jettison

Edited by _SteelFalcon_

33 minutes ago, _SteelFalcon_ said:

That‘s the way. If you are in AA, press AA again. If in AG, press AG again.

However, if you are in dogfight mode/missile override mode, you must exit that mode first and it will send you to the mode that was selected prior to the dogfight mode, that could be any of the three (nav, ag,aa).

also make sure you‘re not in Selective jettison

Thank you so much - that is what I was doing wrong... I was in missile override mode, so that when I pressed AA again it did not go to NAV mode. Thanks for your patience here, but one last question...how do you get out of missile override mode? I usually use missile override mode to get into AMRAM or sidewinders since that is the fastest was on my HOTAS. Pressing the buttons on the screens takes too long. Thanks again.

I think the problem I was having accessing the FCR is that I always use the missle override mode at the start just to get in AA in transit to the target. Then when I get to the target i'm stuck in override mode and don't know how to access the other modes.

The dogfight mode switch i think has 3 positions. Center = off. Then there is the dogfight mode which defaults to aim9 and guns (if no aim 9 it will use amraams and gun). Easiest Indicator for that mode is the gun funnel in the hud.

the other position is the missile override mode, which for the most part is identical to the notmal AA mode. But because it is an override mode to quickly get amraams, it will, as its name says, override whatever mode you are in at the time of selecting the Missile Override Mode.

to exit that mode, you‘d have to deselect the Missile override mode by placing the switch in the center/off position.

there‘s a ton of different binding options for the dogfight mode.

if you use buttons instead of a 3 way switch, you might wanna bind the following 2

Dogfight/center

missile override/center

which means, the buttons act as toggle between the center and respective mode

Edited by _SteelFalcon_
  • Like 1