Takes more than 15 mins to load a mission. Stays on Sim PostStart for a long time

Hello,

I've been playing DCS for a while now and since I the last update it is taking more than 15 mins to load the game with the mission. I realize my computer is under powered but the performance before was still ok and the load times is much less. I've done repair and clean up but the results are still the same. Not sure if this is the channel for this topic but thought I'd post my issue here for some advice from the super users before I submit a support ticket Thanks in advance and really looking forward to some help on this as it is taking away the joy of playing. I recently just got a new HOTAS too so I am totally bummed. NEED HELP PLEASE!!!

Attached is a log file of a simple takeoff mission.

dcs.log

Edited by Anxzie

If repair and cleanup don't help, the next step is temporary renaming/removal of the whole Saved Games/DCS folder (because it's not affected by repair&cleanup) and checking out how the game runs when it creates itself a new one. If it runs better - you know the culprit of the problem was located somewhere there and you can start restoring sub-folders from your Saved Games backup one by one to narrow down which files cause the issue.

For example, your log says the game struggles (and fails after many minutes) with loading CH-53 collision model. It's a custom helicopter mod I think? Get rid of that one - it might just not be compatible with latest DCS version (or see if the updated mod has been released by its creators). Generally, turning off custom mods should be THE first thing to do as troubleshooting, even before repairing and cleaning up.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

• Anxzie changed the title to Takes more than 15 mins to load a mission. Stays on Sim PostStart for a long time