Supercarrier Help..This is odd...

Dieselmadness

hey guys, just had a problem come out of nowhere on the supercarrier. when placing static FA18's (lot 20) on the deck and attaching them (which should fold the wings) they no longer are folded when i enter the mission. on the mission editor the wings fold the second i attach the plane, but when i actually open the mission, theyre spread out again on ALL of the F-18's. tried making an entirely new mission, still the same thing...has been working fine for days, now...i dunno what happened..anyone seen this issue before?

No need to reinstall anything. Mods are usually installed in your "Saved Games/DCS.../Mods" folder.

Two ways to disable mods:

• Solution 1: Rename your "Saved Games/DCS../Mods" folder to "Mods_backup" (for example).
  • Solution 2: Open DCS, open the Module Manager, and disable mods one by one until you find the culprit.

Solution 1 is a very quick way to know if your issue is caused by a mod.

Solution 2 is better suited to find the culprit. It allows you to keep using other installed mods.

By the way, chances are your issue is caused by a ship mod or a Hornet-related mod.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

ok. thanks for the info. I will say though i only have the F18 And Supper carrier modules and the only mods i have are a skin for the f18 and the clean cockpit mod. these however all worked fine. then one day i changed the deck a little (moved a couple of planes) in the editor and now the static F18 Lot 20 wont fold wings..Ive reinstalled everything, NOW im really at a loss...wtf could be doing this its driving me nuts! you can see in the screenshot..the AI aircraft all have wings folded until cat shot, but the static all overlap now..if I choose however the standard F18 then the wings fold. I have reinstalled the F18, no difference.

Scrshot1267.jpg

ok narrowed it down if this helps as well as attached the log. It it only my Add on paint schemes (I fly with the jolly rogers) and this those the wings will not fold..however, if i use the default paints for the LOT 20 they appear folded. not sure what this means or how to fix it but i sure would like to use my new paints. 

dcs.log

Doesn't seem so: I've just tried them and they don't appear in the mission editor anymore.

Can you please send in this livery of yours using WeTransfer? If you want to keep it for yourself, just send it to me in a PM.

• 2 weeks later...

Confirmed: it comes from the liveries. They include some Lua scripting. And as stated in the readme file:

VFA-103 liveries, with arguments added to spawn player and static aircraft with wings spread, covers on, ladder extended, and canopy opened.
Doesn't work with AI planes.

😉

Moreover, preview2 picture shows you need to use a non-static but "Uncontrolled" plane to see folded wings.

I didn't know either it was possible to fold/deploy wings in a livery.

Edited by Flappie