Mission 5 didnt intercept in time

Just working through M05, and i found first private plane, then found the target, formed up behind him just below, and got no response from knight, no F10 option, was flying form for a while then got a mission failed "didnt intercept in time", but this is the plane from the kneeboard. i was monitoring guard, but noticed after a while following with nothing happening, that it had turned off, so turned it back on, but no calls.

Also had a really weird thing in M04, where once i looked at a ship with my pod, then unbox tgt, instead of going to the WP, then where i was looking would become that WP? Done the mission twice got same thing. still finished it using F10 map, but was pretty confusing, may be a new F18 bug?

intercept.jpg

This mission is straight-up bugged for me. After launch, Blade just goes off to the southeast on his own no matter what I do. I've only ever gotten to rejoin at WP1 once, and then I ran into the same issue OP did. 

• Like 3

Just now, Skey said:

This mission is straight-up bugged for me. After launch, Blade just goes off to the southeast on his own no matter what I do. I've only ever gotten to rejoin at WP1 once, and then I ran into the same issue OP did. 

my first attempt was the same, but 2nd time, i pulled onto the CAT an waited until he started and pulled behind me, then slowly arc'ed to the right (1st attempt was to the left
) and he caught up, both times had to make knight wait while he caught up though, even though i was lagging.

1 hour ago, CH4Pz said:

my first attempt was the same, but 2nd time, i pulled onto the CAT an waited until he started and pulled behind me, then slowly arc'ed to the right (1st attempt was to the left
) and he caught up, both times had to make knight wait while he caught up though, even though i was lagging.

I've tried this, though maybe I wasn't slow enough. I've also tried both waist cats and circling overhead before and after passing 2.5. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, baltic_dragon said:

With Blade - just to be sure - he is not supposed to rejoin after take off, he will join up at Rock. 

4C0E9D7A-BB16-459F-B1C9-9154CC8564A2.jpeg

Just attempted again then, blade just hits the burners and pitches up following BRC (waited for him to taxi to cat before launching). the one time he did join, the trigger for the target didnt work (OP), so stuck on this mission ATM.

yes, he is supposed to go for 7 miles out from the carrier, then turns to WP1. This has no effect on timing because the target aircraft spawns only after you begin the active search. I’ll have a look. 

BTW, did you have guard monitoring on? it is essential to hear any chatter between the intercepted aircraft and Knight..

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

2 hours ago, baltic_dragon said:

yes, he is supposed to go for 7 miles out from the carrier, then turns to WP1. This has no effect on timing because the target aircraft spawns only after you begin the active search. I’ll have a look. 

BTW, did you have guard monitoring on? it is essential to hear any chatter between the intercepted aircraft and Knight..

So i just finished the mission!! i decided to launch from CAT2 (had only tried 3&4), i also waited for him to hook up before launching, as soon as i got to 2500 i turned for WP1 (instead of 7miles, then arc), i also DIDNT enable SA page until i got to WP1 incase that was glitching him, but i thought it might work this time as i got 2 calls i hadnt previously heard (blade with "airbourne" & "switching" calls). So not sure what cat the other guys were launching from, but CAT 2 worked 4 me. Dunno why knight didnt ask for report etc that first time, but meh, was an excellent mission when played out as should!

Cheers for the help @baltic_dragon, might still pay to check it though

• Like 1

7 hours ago, baltic_dragon said:

With Blade - just to be sure - he is not supposed to rejoin after take off, he will join up at Rock. 

4C0E9D7A-BB16-459F-B1C9-9154CC8564A2.jpeg

Hi @baltic_dragon, thank you for the replies.  I did indeed fly to Rock and orbit there for some time waiting to see if Blade would ever make his way there.  But he never did make any sort of turn.  Guard monitoring was enabled as well.  I'm going to try what @CH4Pz did above and see if I can have some success like they did.

I am stuck as well at the same problem with Blade, he just fly straight, full burners on, all the way to the coast line.

I tried to launch from cats 2/3/4 but none actually worked for me.

Blade is responding "airborn" and "switching" on radios, but isn't taking any action, so i am stuck with this mission as well :S

On 6/25/2022 at 11:58 AM, Skey said:

I've tried this, though maybe I wasn't slow enough. I've also tried both waist cats and circling overhead before and after passing 2.5. 

Did you create a WP2 while starting up? I did that in my first two attempts and Blade just flew all the way to the east and never catch up. So in my third try, I didn't create any new WP and it worked for me. But I'm not sure if this was the case or not. 

• PC Specs: Intel i7 9700, Nvidia RTX 2080S, Corsair 64G DDR4, MSI B360M Mortar Titanium, Intel 760P M.2 256GB SSD + Samsung 1TB SSD, Corsair RM650x
  • Flight Gears: Logitech X56 HOTAS & Flight Rudder Pedals, HP Reverb G2
  • Modules: F-14A/B, F-15C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AV-8B, A-10C I/II, Supercarrier, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

Project: Operation Hormuz [F/A-18C Multiplayer Campaign]

Mine worked with Auto start and I hooked up to CAT 2 but I launched after the AI and followed him passing 2.5. Continued to follow and he turned at about 7 miles. 

The fix for me was not pulling up the SA page until the AI turned and we were heading to the join up way point.

“CH4Pz” mentioned this earlier in this thread about the SA page bug……….

i also DIDNT enable SA page until i got to WP1 incase that was glitching him, but i thought it might work this time as i got 2 calls i hadnt previously heard (blade with "airbourne" & "switching" calls)

Edited by Trini86
  • Like 1

I can't see that anyone's addressed the original bug report here: not being able to intercept the second bogey. I had the same problem, got within spitting distance of the plane and hung out there for several minutes but never got a radio call or F10 option to report it.

I was monitoring guard (GRCV) on AUX since I heard reports that GRCV on PRI is bugged.

Suggest moving discussion about Blade not rejoining to the existing topic here:

Edited by danep

Played M05 again and finished it this time. It's possible I was tracking on the wrong bogey the first time, there may have been two within a few miles and at the same altitude.

Edited by danep