Mission 2: Engine died at the exact same time

After crossing the ocean, when the flight leader said start engaging, my engine died immeditely. Then  I replaied my track, took over control several minunies before the engagement. Sadly engine died again at the exact same time as the last round. Then I tried third time, replaied track, took control just before engagement, and the engine died again, at the exact same moment.

I admit that I do keep the engine running at maximum RPM(3000) all the time, but all gauges are normal, there's no trace of malfunction at all. So why my engine quits at the exact same moment, same point over and over again? Weird!

PS:

Track file uploaded(file is too big to be uploaded to this forum). It happened at 5:39:21. 

URL: https://pan.baidu.com/s/1rzhkMj4F0uvGMWWaEYAJfg?pwd=w2xe

download passcode: w2xe 

Edited by brucewhf

I've had problems with the Mosquito when I'd do the quick start missions to practice take off the plane spawns, engines running and when I push the throttle forward to take off the engine dies, because the fuel tanks are turned off, or if your switches for the tanks is mapped and they are off, the game will default there when you press fly.  Check to see if your fuel tank selector is in the correct position. No Gas no go....  After an update it no longer did that to me anymore.  But I have not tested it since this last update.  Check and make sure Mixture did not come out of RUN, or fuel selector is on a Drop Tank that's not installed. or the Main tank which I never put fuel in.  Let us know what happened.

Cheers

• Like 1

Sempre Fortis

6 hours ago, 352nd_Hoss said:

I've had problems with the Mosquito when I'd do the quick start missions to practice take off the plane spawns, engines running and when I push the throttle forward to take off the engine dies, because the fuel tanks are turned off, or if your switches for the tanks is mapped and they are off, the game will default there when you press fly.  Check to see if your fuel tank selector is in the correct position. No Gas no go....  After an update it no longer did that to me anymore.  But I have not tested it since this last update.  Check and make sure Mixture did not come out of RUN, or fuel selector is on a Drop Tank that's not installed. or the Main tank which I never put fuel in.  Let us know what happened.

Cheers

11 hours ago, Reflected said:

No engine failure is programmed so it’s definitely an engine management issue. Try to go easier on it. 3000 rpm all the time is pretty hard. Check out the limitations on your kneeboard that I included with th campaign. 

I started over this mission, and this time I kept the engine running within its limitation. Fortunatelly, engine did not die at the moment of engagement. So it has nothing to do with my fuel nor mixture settings. Then I applied full throttle, full RPM during the engagement. It(engine) didn't last long and died several minutes later, with no sign of overheating. I made a crash landing and the mission failed.🥲

I flew Mustang a lot in multiplayer server, it feels that Mustang in campaign is more fragile than server. Weird!

Edited by brucewhf

It may FEEL like it, but I assure you it’s the same Mustang.  There is no way to make the engine more fragile in the mission editor. 

in MP you probably didn’t climb to 20k feet and cross the channel before the engagement. 

also, make sure you keep your speed up above 150 mph at all times, if not, chop the throttle before slowing down. 

29 minutes ago, Reflected said:

I'm happy you managed, that's a good start. You don't have to keep it there all the time though. Increase it to 2850 for climbing and 3000 for dogfighting. Just manage your MP accordingly and keep an eye on your speeds and temps and it will be fine.

Thanks, glad to have your support. And, I really enjoy your videos on Youtube.

• Thanks 1