M03 Feedback

Great mission! Was really cool to fly a simulated LFE TOT strike like that in a singleplayer environment, well done!

Little feedback

- The WP2 marshal blocks were a little dangerous. Ravens were assigned the 11K block, but since your AI aren't formed up with you, you have 4 fighters flying essentially freely in the block. I nearly had a midair.

I'd suggest either your AI join on you, or the Ravens AI are assigned a separate block.

- The mission briefs 360 GS from waypoints 2-4 then accelerating to 400 GS. You can't change speed like this with a hard TOT unless the route has you "late" at 360 GS, and then you get back on time with the 400 GS leg. Currently you are on time with 360 GS from the very beginning. Changing to 400 GS would make you either early, or you'd need to extend/snake around on the final leg to get back on speed.

I'd suggest just changing the brief to match 360 GS as the easiest fix.

- Attack - There is a continue call made (briefed as "free kick"), that's realistic and awesome, but there is no "attack" call made, which is the point where you will switch from A/A master mode to A/G master mode and run your A/G checklist. Particularly in this training exercise with red fighters all around nearby (despite the Spartan sweep, you'd still be in A/A until attack)

Suggest an attack comm is added, about 2-5 miles prior to the pop would be a good spot.

"Ravens, attack"

- You are scored based on selecting HUD/AUTO for your tapes, however there is no comm reminder. Real world would have a reminder, for example "Ravens, check tapes on HUD." "Raven 22, tapes." "Raven 23, tapes." "Raven 24, tapes".

• Like 3

1A100.png?format=1500w  

Virtual CVW-8 - The mission of Virtual Carrier Air Wing EIGHT is to provide its members with an organization committed to presenting an authentic representation of U.S. Navy Carrier Air Wing operations in training and combat environments based on the real world experience of its real fighter pilots, air intercept controllers, airbosses, and many others.

I was right on time at 12 11 30 when I pass my target, and I've selected recorder as RDDI/HUD/Auto, but I got 80 score twice, could I see how I lost the 20? Or what should I do to complete a 100.

RE EDIT:

3rd try, 100, love this campaign

Edited by Jenson
  • Like 2
  • PC Specs: Intel i7 9700, Nvidia RTX 2080S, Corsair 64G DDR4, MSI B360M Mortar Titanium, Intel 760P M.2 256GB SSD + Samsung 1TB SSD, Corsair RM650x
  • Flight Gears: Logitech X56 HOTAS & Flight Rudder Pedals, HP Reverb G2
  • Modules: F-14A/B, F-15C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AV-8B, A-10C I/II, Supercarrier, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

Project: Operation Hormuz [F/A-18C Multiplayer Campaign]

Hi, apologies if this derails the existing M03 thread and not sure if this is the right place to put this so be kind. 

I have tried to fly this mission twice and followed all the comms and radio checks: At WP1 I am tuned into Thor, (button 2, 303.3 from memory) where I need to use the F10 message, but for the life of me the communication menu does not want to come up. Tried keyboard and bound shortcuts, so I can’t select radio/F10’before push time.

may be a ED issue rather than a campaign issue. I will try again tomorrow. Any ideas?

thanks for an awesome campaign thus far BD and all others involved 

Edited by kasper

On 6/24/2022 at 10:31 PM, MARLAN_ said:

Great mission! Was really cool to fly a simulated LFE TOT strike like that in a singleplayer environment, well done!

Little feedback

- The WP2 marshal blocks were a little dangerous. Ravens were assigned the 11K block, but since your AI aren't formed up with you, you have 4 fighters flying essentially freely in the block. I nearly had a midair.

I'd suggest either your AI join on you, or the Ravens AI are assigned a separate block.

- The mission briefs 360 GS from waypoints 2-4 then accelerating to 400 GS. You can't change speed like this with a hard TOT unless the route has you "late" at 360 GS, and then you get back on time with the 400 GS leg. Currently you are on time with 360 GS from the very beginning. Changing to 400 GS would make you either early, or you'd need to extend/snake around on the final leg to get back on speed.

I'd suggest just changing the brief to match 360 GS as the easiest fix.

- Attack - There is a continue call made (briefed as "free kick"), that's realistic and awesome, but there is no "attack" call made, which is the point where you will switch from A/A master mode to A/G master mode and run your A/G checklist. Particularly in this training exercise with red fighters all around nearby (despite the Spartan sweep, you'd still be in A/A until attack)

Suggest an attack comm is added, about 2-5 miles prior to the pop would be a good spot.

"Ravens, attack"

- You are scored based on selecting HUD/AUTO for your tapes, however there is no comm reminder. Real world would have a reminder, for example "Ravens, check tapes on HUD." "Raven 22, tapes." "Raven 23, tapes." "Raven 24, tapes".

Thanks, I will update the blocks at which the flights orbit, but I won't touch anything else, because if I tell the AI to follow the player it will most likely break the mission. 

As for the speed, good point. Alternatively I could change the timing, but I think changing the briefing is the easiest to do. 

As for extra comms, I trust Kevin and Jell-O who wrote the script and if such calls were necessary, they would have added them. Additional VOs after release of the campaign are very difficult to add, because off differences in mic quality used then and now - which leads to VOs that sound a bit off. I think I will leave this part of the mission as is, though I completely see your point here. 

1 hour ago, kasper said:

Hi, apologies if this derails the existing M03 thread and not sure if this is the right place to put this so be kind. 

I have tried to fly this mission twice and followed all the comms and radio checks: At WP1 I am tuned into Thor, (button 2, 303.3 from memory) where I need to use the F10 message, but for the life of me the communication menu does not want to come up. Tried keyboard and bound shortcuts, so I can’t select radio/F10’before push time.

may be a ED issue rather than a campaign issue. I will try again tomorrow. Any ideas?

Thanks. I saw someone reporting this, but to my mind it is something with the DCS and not the campaign, as F10 radio menu options work well for most of the players. So this must be something specific for your system, otherwise everyone would have a problem, which is not the case... but when you find the solution, let us know!

• Like 1
ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

it would be nice if there is a small kneeboard illustration for the 30/30 popup plan to make it easier to understand (like in the M01 for intercept).

Briefing got me lost with the Target points. I see in the picture R21 is aiming C130 but in brief text it says northeast is the one for Filip, or do I miss a point here?
Also the apex for popup was a bit confusing. It speaks about 1500 feet for nose down and 15 degree attack but at the end of the brief text it speaks about 3000ft..

• Like 1

On 7/2/2022 at 11:52 PM, Devastator said:

it would be nice if there is a small kneeboard illustration for the 30/30 popup plan to make it easier to understand (like in the M01 for intercept).

Briefing got me lost with the Target points. I see in the picture R21 is aiming C130 but in brief text it says northeast is the one for Filip, or do I miss a point here?
Also the apex for popup was a bit confusing. It speaks about 1500 feet for nose down and 15 degree attack but at the end of the brief text it speaks about 3000ft..

Hi, I just watched this vid yesterday and hope it helps you to understand the Apex & nose down terms. Basically, you need to start to pull down before apex altitude.

• PC Specs: Intel i7 9700, Nvidia RTX 2080S, Corsair 64G DDR4, MSI B360M Mortar Titanium, Intel 760P M.2 256GB SSD + Samsung 1TB SSD, Corsair RM650x
  • Flight Gears: Logitech X56 HOTAS & Flight Rudder Pedals, HP Reverb G2
  • Modules: F-14A/B, F-15C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AV-8B, A-10C I/II, Supercarrier, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

Project: Operation Hormuz [F/A-18C Multiplayer Campaign]

• 5 weeks later...

How to record flir and hud like said in the briefing?I am looking for that in the early access manual but cannot find.

Also, the briefing says we have to use SIM and that no weapons are loaded. But I see there is an actual load-out...are we supposed to drop it or it is really SIM mode and stop?

Thanks

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

I also had trouble figuring out how to turn tapes on, I was looking at the wrong panel (video switches under the HUD). Here's the answer:

And no, you don't need to drop anything to complete the mission. Strictly SIM mode.

On 8/3/2022 at 3:51 PM, danep said:

I also had trouble figuring out how to turn tapes on, I was looking at the wrong panel (video switches under the HUD). Here's the answer:

And no, you don't need to drop anything to complete the mission. Strictly SIM mode.

thanks I was searching in the F18 manual (text search) but nothing

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/27/2022 at 11:37 PM, baltic_dragon said:

Thanks. I saw someone reporting this, but to my mind it is something with the DCS and not the campaign, as F10 radio menu options work well for most of the players. So this must be something specific for your system, otherwise everyone would have a problem, which is not the case... but when you find the solution, let us know!

I too have this problem. I am using version 2.7.16.28157. I waited to purchase this campaign as I dont have enough space for OB of DCS.

The comms menu is borked as soon as I leave the carrier. Occurs in MS03,4,5.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
2022/6/27 PM8点00分,kasper说:

Hi,

I also met the problem yesterday in 2.8 OB. Did u solve this problem at last?Or do you try this mission in 2.8 OB?

2022/8/30 PM4点26分,baltic_dragon说:

@AusTiger are you sure you have Easy Comms set to off?

I found the comm menu failed as long as I leave the Carrier. However when I finish a case 1 immediately the comm menu comes to work fine

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/27/2022 at 2:00 PM, kasper said:

I found out that it works if you do not just press the radio key, but the comm 1 key, which I bound to my throttle.

• 4 weeks later...

Can't ever get 100% on this mission. Only 80.

Cameras on as instructed here. 

TOT typically within 0-5 seconds

Proper recovery (I think)

I can't zero in on what aspect I'm falling short.

Awesome Mission nonetheless.  If everyone else is experiencing this, that's cool and I will forget about it, but if there's a way to up my score, I'm going to have trouble moving on.....lol.

(I just jotted this hardware info down so younger smarter people can help me troubleshoot possible flaws)

i7 9700K 3.7Ghz | ROG Strix RTX2080S GeForce RTX 3080 | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 64GB | WD 1TB-SSD | Corsair RGB 280mm Liquid CPU cooler | Asus TUF Z390-Plus w/DDR4 2666

TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswinds | HP Reverb G2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just completed the mission today and I was a bit confused. It was mentioned several times that the ToT is crucial for the mission, however I did not know what the ToT was supposed to be. It was not mentioned in the kneeboard and there was no communication about it. It is mentioned once in the strike briefing but the info is no where else to be found. Would be great to mention the exact time more than once and to include it in the kneeboard.

Another thing: The Comex signal was given at 11:49 and when I pushed at 11:50 as briefed, my flight was the last in line behind all others. 

• 5 months later...

Hey, just trying this mission for the first time and didn't want to start another thread - sort of the same issue as Razor18 above.

What does it mean in the briefing by offsetting to intercept a 3 mile arc north? I know the campaign is supposed to be difficult, but it's language I just haven't come across. Could really do with a diagram to illustrate this...

- i7-7700k

- 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz

- GTX 1080 8GB

- Installed on SSD

- TM Warthog

DCS Modules - A-10C; M-2000C; AV8B; F/A-18C; Ka-50; FC-3; UH-1H; F-5E; Mi-8; F-14; Persian Gulf; NTTR

Additional feedback here as well: it seems that WP6 is not in fact the DMPI, and if this is intentional, then I'm wondering if it might be worth clarifying this in the brief. Since the DMPIs are precise pre-planned targets, and especially since we don't have good visual on the airfield coming in low, I assumed that the target waypoint would be on the DMPI for an Auto release, but I was pretty shocked to see a blank on my FLIR. I still received full score for releasing Auto on WP6, but that can't be right. Perhaps the intention is to manually visually acquire your target and hit it on CCIP? Or is WP6 placed incorrectly? If the former, I feel like a note on the briefing would be useful.

Oh also I was surprised the ToT wasn't on the kneeboard, but that's just a minor inconvenience 🙂

• 5 months later...

I'm almost at my 10th try, and always finish with 80 score...

My last try was litterally just 1 minute ago: push exactly at 08:59:30, correct formantion, HUD/Auto selected just passing WP4 and I pickled  on the target at exactly 09:11:30Z

and recovered normally after kissing away the division

What I falled?

But 'till now I'm very glad for this Campaign, and M2 was a great and funny surpeise!

Thanks for your work

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks @Kurnass1977 for your kind words. Unfortunately, it has been affected by the AI doing stupid things, but hopefully I'll have that sorted soon, doing an overhaul of the campaign now. 

As for the scoring: You get 50 points at mission start, 20 points for being on target on time, 20 points for having the tapes on to record the whole thing (in AUTO or MAN) and 10 points for landing. I am guessing the tapes were not on?

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png