Pitching behaviour at tanking speed 340kts

Braunn

• ED Team

Please include a track replay of what you are experiencing, in our tests it is correct. 

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I had the same issue yesterday in training. Previously had 95% success with 1 try. With two latest patch, now it's awful to refuel, getting 4-7 disconnections in every training flight - even with 0 winds and 0 turbulent. Using different real speeds for the tanker per weight (based on the NATO manual). AI is pouncing up and down, forcing my plane to move up and down. AI is not using boom for guiding but seems the AI plane is moving itself. AI is not flying straight.

Sorry, do not have currently any track as i thought I only had the issue and did not make any. Can make, if needed.

Intel Core i7 9700k, MSI MEG Z390 ACE, 2 x 16GB HyperX DDR4 Fury, RTX 2080Ti, Corsair PSU RM750, Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus + SSD 860 EVO (DCS), NZXT CPU cooler Kraken X62, Fractal Design R6 black.

Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog, Thrustmaster F-18 HOTAS, RealSimulator FSDB-R3 Lighting, Sim Gears F-16 ICP LT, 3x Thrustmaster MFD's, TrackIR5, VoiceAttack+Vaicom PRO, DCS UFC app in Samsung 10" tablet.

9 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

Please include a track replay of what you are experiencing, in our tests it is is correct. 

thank you

SIze limit 5mb. Have you guys tested it at 340kts? 

Edited by Braunn

It appears FLCS gains are nice, smooth, and precise at lower airspeed with AR door open, but at 25k feet 310 kts which is pretty standard, the nose is squirrely again. Did a quick track...one at 310kts 25k where its just a fight with the nose, and then sub 300 25k where the nose is relatively stable now (ignore roll as I never trimmed, just in a hurry to demonstrate)

FLCS AR gains.trk FLCS AR gains sub 300kts.trk

• Like 2

340 knots is really fast for AR if we're talking indicated. 310 or 315 is standard for boom receivers from the 135. I agree though, it is a lot more pitchy (even at correct speeds for AR), and the boom operator doesn't plug as well as he did before.

The planes that receive via probe usually refuel at 270 or 275 indicated.

A-10s are painfully slow and i don't want to relive those memories of dragging them across the ocean.

You can calculate your TAS (for the mission editor) by taking 1/2 of your flight level and adding it to desired indicated speed. For example, if you want to refuel at 300 knots and 20k feet (Flight level 200), you take half of 200 (100) and add it to 300. Your TAS to enter into the mission editor is 400 knots. That's not perfect, but good enough to get you within a few knots.

I'll try refueling at the unrealistic speed of 275 and see if that's more stable.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Dances, PhD

Jet Hobo

https://v65th.wordpress.com/