Orange compass top right corner

realtrance

For some reason with the latest Beta update a huge orange compass has appeared in the top right of my monitor screen, and nothing I do gets rid of it. Tried turning on/off Game and Game Avionics modes, no change. Tried toggling debug mode, nothing.

Very frustrating as I was just getting the hang of the Apache and had dialed in my cyclic/collective controls and curves, and now when i push forward on the cyclic, the chopper moves backwards (!), and when I increase collective it goes into a weird slew mode that just magically sends the helicopter off the ground and into the air, no flight model or physics involved.

What’s going on?!?!

ROG Maximus X, Intel i7-3770 3.5GHz , Nvidia 680Ti, 16GB DDR3 2400MHz, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro

Sounds like game flight mode...  I know you say it's not but I think there are settings in a mission and in the settings screen etc that can force it on???

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

4 hours ago, realtrance said:

What’s going on?!?!

Training missions 1, 2 and 3 have been saved with "Game Mode" enabled.

AH-64_TRNG_03 easyRadar and easyFlight set in mission options file.PNG

Training Mission 03, DCS Open Beta 2.7.15.26783

Screen_220625_025549.jpg

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Okay can I just edit this file, then? Thanks for the tip! I was beginning to think it was some sort of LUA or other config/save file thing.

EDIT: can you tell me what mode you have Notepad++ in to read the .miz files, please?

Edited by realtrance

ROG Maximus X, Intel i7-3770 3.5GHz , Nvidia 680Ti, 16GB DDR3 2400MHz, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro

Okay this is wonderful! Went into Mission Editor to fix the mission, set Game Mode and Avionics to Enforced Off….Now I’m flying the AH-64D like a champ! (Or well, at least not into the ground….).

It’s truly magnificent, like the rest of DCS now! Best chopper sim out there, period.

Thank you all for your continuing hard work.

I was going to ask the same question...I just reformatted my pc and started installing stuff, and game mode isnt turned on. Now I know why!

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

On 6/26/2022 at 1:55 PM, realtrance said:

Okay this is wonderful! Went into Mission Editor to fix the mission, set Game Mode and Avionics to Enforced Off….Now I’m flying the AH-64D like a champ! (Or well, at least not into the ground….).

It’s truly magnificent, like the rest of DCS now! Best chopper sim out there, period.

Thank you all for your continuing hard work.

Did the same but had to Save As... and then copy back manually as the Missions/Training Folder was locked. Works a treat now. For the avoidance of confusion the Mission Editor shows your saved game Missions Folder by default - you have to choose Folder Browser option then navigate to the \Mods\Aircraft\AH-64D\Missions\Training area.