Su-17

Enigma89

22 minutes ago, Enigma89 said:

What was posted on Facebook? Was that a Su-17?

Yes, Its Su-17 / 22. This is a great choice and many will be happy, although it's probably the end of 2024 or 2025 even, we'll see.

f0wPw7w.jpg

Btw. do you know that very nice mod incoming too (maybe finally as payware)? Maybe OctopusG will connect two forces? 

2FOd1IQ.jpg

2QAtRCl.png

Edited by YoYo
  • Like 1

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

58 minutes ago, reece146 said:

Day one...

Me too. The only other aircraft I might pre-order are the Mig-23 and the IA-58... but honestly, this is the most exciting one.

3 hours ago, Silver_Dragon said:

I think, has a Su-17M4 by the cockpit pics.

That'd mean quite a few guided weapon options (more than the Mig-27 or Su-25 I gather).

right now anything is better than the 21 pixel Su-17 we have now..you know somethings off when the payload has more pixels than the rest of it.

Edited by Hammer1-1
  • Like 2

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM | K-51 Collective + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

The Boeing MQ-25A Sting Ray = Dirt Devil with wings
 My wallpaper and skins

5 hours ago, Mike Force Team said:

Odd that octupus g does not announce it on the DCS website.  Anyway, it looks like they are working on the prototype. 

MFT

Its very early stage I suppose. Too early, if the work goes well, ED will accept this project I think officially.

• Like 1

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

8 hours ago, YoYo said:

Yes, Its Su-17 / 22. This is a great choice and many will be happy, although it's probably the end of 2024 or 2025 even, we'll see.

f0wPw7w.jpg

Btw. do you know that very nice mod incoming too (maybe finally as payware)? Maybe OctopusG will connect two forces? 

2FOd1IQ.jpg

2QAtRCl.png

Wait. Is Sniper working with Octopus? Would be really silly if those were two separate projects, would it not?

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

35 minutes ago, Gierasimov said:

Wait. Is Sniper working with Octopus? Would be really silly if those were two separate projects, would it not?

We dont know this yet. Must to wait for news.

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Fitters are close to my heart, but dropping few renders like that and not saying if it is a module, AI or even DCS is not nice... 

Kind of like ED employee saying Tornado is planned (sounding official) only to have another employee deny it...

If we need, to wait for Octopus news, then why dropping the image before the news? We are mostly passionate about DCS without extra 'unverified tease' 

Bad taste Octopus. 

• Like 4

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

1 hour ago, Gierasimov said:

Fitters are close to my heart, but dropping few renders like that and not saying if it is a module, AI or even DCS is not nice... 

Kind of like ED employee saying Tornado is planned (sounding official) only to have another employee deny it...

If we need, to wait for Octopus news, then why dropping the image before the news? We are mostly passionate about DCS without extra 'unverified tease' 

Bad taste Octopus. 

As you noticed (I think), the news was added in OctopusG fanpage with the word "NEXT" with pictures with details from cocpit (so its not AI LOL! :angel:). It is therefore more than likely that OctopusG works on in and that wasnt "talks only" about the future in video, here we see work. When ED will accept the project officially, probably a new corner will be created here and so on. Now they are infos from users to users as free topic, nothing wrong is here to inform abouts speculations and expecteations like it was here on La-7 or An-2.  :thumbup: If you only want confirmed ED information you must read Official Updates corner only ;). I'm of good cheer.

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

2 hours ago, YoYo said:

As you noticed (I think), the news was added in OctopusG fanpage with the word "NEXT" with pictures with details from cocpit (so its not AI LOL! :angel:). It is therefore more than likely that OctopusG works on in and that wasnt "talks only" about the future in video, here we see work. When ED will accept the project officially, probably a new corner will be created here and so on. Now they are infos from users to users as free topic, nothing wrong is here to inform abouts speculations and expecteations like it was here on La-7 or An-2.  :thumbup: If you only want confirmed ED information you must read Official Updates corner only ;). I'm of good cheer.

You talk as OctopusG "fanpage", but that page has been the official Octopus-G company page on FB, as ED, RAZBAM, etc FB pages...

57 minutes ago, Silver_Dragon said:

You talk as OctopusG "fanpage", but that page has been the official Octopus-G company page on FB, as ED, RAZBAM, etc FB pages...

We talk about official source.

Definition FB fanpage: fanpage allows you to gather your company's fans in one place. Through it, you will be able to inform them about new products, promotions or provide interesting information from the industry in which you operate. From the Fanpage, users will also be able to move to your store, website, blog or YouTube channel. 

Its the same, not page done by one of fan (however it could be), most fans open groupes. 😊

Edited by YoYo

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Its official source no doubt there but why not say "out next DCS module" and not just "next..." That's what I am talking about. Just to cause a stir they said what they did. 

35 minutes ago, Gierasimov said:

Its official source no doubt there but why not say "out next DCS module" and not just "next..." That's what I am talking about. Just to cause a stir they said what they did. 

Yes and it could be easier for us ;), it could be for MSFS or P3D 😉 but Im think they wrote about DCS because I-16 left Early Access this week.

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Su-17/22 is nice, if it were a DCS aircraft it would definitely be really welcome (though concerns arise by the fact OctopusG was a single guy, who did an amazing job in the i16, but a Fitter on his own… tough job). BUT, the thing is, what about the La-7? Aren't we getting the La-7 in DCS now?? Too many unanswered questions…

• Like 1

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

Now. This is depressing:

Can you imagine that ED would let skilled one man show to be trashed for another one man show? 

Edited by Gierasimov
  • Like 2

Sadly it's not ED's choice to decide whether a mod gets done or not, only an official third party signing a contract would make a difference with regard to that and if neither did so it's currently only two mods kind of competing to make it first to the end line. A real pity they both couldn't work together, but that's neither up to ED to tell.

Remember even third parties do work in their next projects and only at a certain point they sign with ED a contract about that possible next module (somebody recall about an L-39 module a third party took 5 years to make and finally they unfulfilled the signed contract so ED went with their own L39?), so OctopusG isn't "ahead" because they already are a third party, they have to have something to sign the contract and we've only seen a couple renders' screenshots. A modder alone is sadly behind because of manpower, but it's not impossible to make it. We'll see, we're guessing but we don't even know if those renders are DCS related 🤔. Again, too many unanswered questions…

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

True. 

Hey, in the other Su-17 thread BN was a bit active as we started to step on thin ice a bit and here is one bit that I think sums it up nicely 

"If a 3rd party gets an official licence to create the Su-17 we will let everyone know, but that is not the case currently."

Edited by Gierasimov

To me a Su-17/22 out of DCS world wouldn't make sense at all, but it can't be discarded those renders maybe for a classic civil simulation already having several nice though useless for the environment military aircraft from OctopusG 🤔.

Yes

To me a Su-17/22 out of DCS world wouldn't make sense at all

Question is what makes sense to the OctopusG guy.

As I already said, too many unanswered questions, but it's not up to us to clarify them 🤣 .