Su-17

Enigma89

2 hours ago, Gierasimov said:

Question is what makes sense to the OctopusG guy.

The same question by all 3rd parties... all making modules by the resources, info and team availables. 

Aernes building Spanish Air Force Aircrafts.
Deka on Chinesse aircrafts
FlyingIrons Simulations UsNavy aircrafts
Heatblur build UsNavy / Western European Aircrafts
IndiaFoxtEcho on Italian Aircrafts
M3 has centred on East aircrafts / Acrobatic / UsNavy Aircrats
OctopusG on Soviet / East Europe Aircrafts
Polychops on Western Helos
Razbam on American continent aircrafts / Maps.
Ugra Media on Maps

You seem to misunderstood the context of this SD, but that's ok. 

It was 'does it make sense for OctopusG to make Su-17 for another game or simulator'

If it does to them and it does not to us, then we are not getting Su-17 form them... 

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

18 minutes ago, Gierasimov said:

You seem to misunderstood the context of this SD, but that's ok. 

It was 'does it make sense for OctopusG to make Su-17 for another game or simulator'

If it does to them and it does not to us, then we are not getting Su-17 form them... 

I talking about all aircrafts making by Octopus-G to other simulators, include DCS. The company has making always East aircrats:
- Let L-13 Blanik to FS9
- Antonov An-2 to FSX
- PLZ-104 Wilga 35 to FSX
- I-16 Type 24 to DCS

And now, the rumors by pics of a La-7 and a Su-22.

Anyway, when BigNewy says the license for the Fitter is not obtained by a 3rd party I trust the man. Shame that Octopus does not want to talk here. 

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

58 minutes ago, Mike Force Team said:

The su-17 promoted robust discussions. Perhaps the octupus g might contact ED to discuss their prototype. 

MFT

Perhaps they can even secure a license to bring it to DCS at some point. Whatever OctopusG is up to.

So Magnitude 3 LLC, Octopus G, and SVKSniper are either working on, or have teased, a Su-17M3 or Su-17M4... but none of them have received a license from ED and none of them appear to have been in touch with each other?

Honestly, it would have been nice if people had teamed up.

But I hope at least one of these projects gets released. It would be a shame if everyone stopped work because they thought someone else was going to complete it.

Edited by Avimimus
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Avimimus said:

So Magnitude 3 LLC, Octopus G, and SVKSniper are either working on, or have teased, a Su-17M3 or Su-17M4... but none of them have received a license from ED and none of them appear to have been in touch with each other?

Honestly, it would have been nice if people had teamed up.

But I hope at least one of these projects gets released. It would be a shame if everyone stopped work because they thought someone else was going to complete it.

SVKSniper said he was in touch with a 3rd party but it wasn't 🐙 

• Like 1

Time will show. Presently we don't know what we don't know. 

Seems that Mudhen is close, I agree.

In a recent post, some wrote about the history of various developers and ED.  It revealed the names of various companies and their prototype planes.  Some planes were never created, some were rejected by ED, and some vanished.  

The F-15 will be very popular, especially for the SA map.  I can imagine the fun we'll have when flying missions in the Persian Gulf and Syria maps.  The one map I want to see is the Afghanistan map.

MFT

The Su-17M4 is not so "early-mid Cold War", much more a "late Cold War era" aircraft being a 1981 variant, I assume it's similar to the Su-25A if not more advanced.

An "early-mid Cold War" ground attacker for Russia would be a Su-7. A very early ground attacker would be a Il-10.

2 ore fa, MMI_Grim ha scritto:

I would love me a Su17. I hope OctopusG can again team up with ED for that project. With all the ac in the makings and the Su17, we would have a nice planeset for the early-mid Cold War.

1 hour ago, Mig Fulcrum said:

The Su-17M4 is not so "early-mid Cold War", much more a "late Cold War era" aircraft being a 1981 variant, I assume it's similar to the Su-25A if not more advanced.

An "early-mid Cold War" ground attacker for Russia would be a Su-7. A very early ground attacker would be a Il-10.

Indeed, the Su-17M4 can be quipped with a wider array of guided weapons than either the Mig-27 or the Su-25A/SM.

On the other hand, it isn't currently in service - which probably helps a lot.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Mike Force Team said:

In a recent post, some wrote about the history of various developers and ED.  It revealed the names of various companies and their prototype planes.  Some planes were never created, some were rejected by ED, and some vanished.

Interesting!! Can you post a link to that?

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

And now there is this

• Like 8

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

5 hours ago, Avimimus said:

Indeed, the Su-17M4 can be quipped with a wider array of guided weapons than either the Mig-27 or the Su-25A/SM.

It is a give and take between Su-17M4 and MiG-27K. Thus, I'd really love to get them both eventually.

Su-17 can carry a lot more at a time, and afaik it has bigger sticks for doing SEAD like Kh-28 and Kh-58, as opposed to Kh-25MP for the MiG.

However, the TV screen in its cockpit can only work with Kh-29T TV guided missile, as the aircraft itself doesn't really have an optical system. For using laser guided missiles, it is the same as in the Su-25, with the Klyon laser designator/rangefinder in the nose, aiming with the pipper on the gunsight.

MiG-27 however, would have a HUD rather than an old fashioned gunsight as on the Su-17. Also, MiG-27K would have the Kaira system, which is kind of like an older Shkval: a TV camera slaved to a laser designator/rangefinder. Using it, it can utilize missiles, especially the laser guided ones better/easier. Also, while not entirely sure, I believe it can carry/self designate KAB-500L Soviet LGBs.

So they are both more/less capable compared to each other in different ways.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

I watched the demo video of the Su-17m2.  The cockpit needs to be updated with more colors other than just green.  The Russian labeling of assorted knobs, switches, and buttons needs to be in English.  Due to lack of information, I am not sure if I would get this jet right now.

MFT

18 minutes ago, WinterH said:

It is a give and take between Su-17M4 and MiG-27K. Thus, I'd really love to get them both eventually.

Su-17 can carry a lot more at a time, and afaik it has bigger sticks for doing SEAD like Kh-28 and Kh-58, as opposed to Kh-25MP for the MiG.

However, the TV screen in its cockpit can only work with Kh-29T TV guided missile, as the aircraft itself doesn't really have an optical system. For using laser guided missiles, it is the same as in the Su-25, with the Klyon laser designator/rangefinder in the nose, aiming with the pipper on the gunsight.

MiG-27 however, would have a HUD rather than an old fashioned gunsight as on the Su-17. Also, MiG-27K would have the Kaira system, which is kind of like an older Shkval: a TV camera slaved to a laser designator/rangefinder. Using it, it can utilize missiles, especially the laser guided ones better/easier. Also, while not entirely sure, I believe it can carry/self designate KAB-500L Soviet LGBs.

So they are both more/less capable compared to each other in different ways.

So the nose laser could double as a actual designator? I know the M2 had a LR designator pod for that purpose. IDK on the M3/4. I've only heard of the laser being called an LRF, though with the M4 and fixed inlet maybe it did both.

• Like 1

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

6 minutes ago, Avimimus said:

So it is for DCS - but it is a Su-22M2?

M4 by the look of it. Apparently you can dismount the TV. 

This was the laser pod used on earlier SU17/22

null

image.png

11 minutes ago, Mig Fulcrum said:

It is even written down below to the left: Su-22M4

It's very nice you can dismount the TV, but maybe it's just WIP.

It was modular, you can put an EW panel there as well for SEAD stuff.

Edited by Harlikwin
  • Like 1