Su-17

Enigma89

1 hour ago, Harlikwin said:

And now there is this

Looks like the progress is more advanced what I thought. 

• Like 2

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

15 minutes ago, YoYo said:

Looks like the progress is more advanced what I thought. 

Yep! Same thoughts. Nice to see Su-22M4. 

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Right, the name is Su-22M4. Good. Looks like they work on it from few months or even more than one year I suppose.

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

2 hours ago, Mike Force Team said:

I watched the demo video of the Su-17m2.  The cockpit needs to be updated with more colors other than just green.  The Russian labeling of assorted knobs, switches, and buttons needs to be in English.  Due to lack of information, I am not sure if I would get this jet right now.

MFT

Texture refinement and other eye candy should be the last step in bringing a module to market. That's "easy" relative to the programming. The external model could be a bunch of cubes at this point.

The video shows good progress I'd say.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, reece146 said:

Texture refinement and other eye candy should be the last step in bringing a module to market. That's "easy" relative to the programming. The external model could be a bunch of cubes at this point.

The video shows good progress I'd say.

Yeah but given what DCS coding is, its at least a year out minimum, likely more.

Its not like the Su-17 is a "simple" plane.
Swing wing = complex FM

Many complex weapons, i.e. dumb bombs, laser guided stuff, TV guided stuff, SEAD missiles and a "sybolic/runic RWR" jammer pods etc... its stupid complex. And its russian so janky complex...

Edited by Harlikwin

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

2 hours ago, Harlikwin said:

So the nose laser could double as a actual designator? I know the M2 had a LR designator pod for that purpose. IDK on the M3/4. I've only heard of the laser being called an LRF, though with the M4 and fixed inlet maybe it did both.

The one on the M4 is almost the same as on the Su-25, it's called Klyon. There may be slight sub-variant differences between that on the 17 and 25, but they are overall the same designator/rangefinder combination. This makes it very similar to the 25 in using unguided bombs and rockets too afaik, so should be pretty accurate with them.

It does use a pod for another thing though, it needs a pod named Vjuga for doing SEAD with Kh-25MP and Kh-58 missiles.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

1 hour ago, WinterH said:

The one on the M4 is almost the same as on the Su-25, it's called Klyon. There may be slight sub-variant differences between that on the 17 and 25, but they are overall the same designator/rangefinder combination. This makes it very similar to the 25 in using unguided bombs and rockets too afaik, so should be pretty accurate with them.

It does use a pod for another thing though, it needs a pod named Vjuga for doing SEAD with Kh-25MP and Kh-58 missiles.

Dont forget Kh28

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

1 hour ago, Get_Lo said:

I think the 17/22M4 is the Ideal pick for DCS, great to see it! and flying nonetheless! I can tell the dev has been hard at work. looks great

supposedly nothing official yet per 9L... But yeah its good to see. 

8 hours ago, Harlikwin said:

Dont forget Kh28

Afaik that one doesn't require/use Vjuga that's why I didn't mention it there. Was available on earlier versions but I'm not 100% sure M4 can still use it. Probably does, I hope it does TBH.

Edited by WinterH

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

5 minutes ago, WinterH said:

Afaik that one doesn't require/use Vjuga that's why I didn't mention it there. Was available on earlier versions but I'm not 100% sure MR can still use it. Probably does, I hope it does TBH.

IDK it prolly can. Earlier ones could. Like gimmie a 70's AND 80's version. 

The chances of release faster are increasing according this video. I change my guess from 2024/25 to second half of 2023. :angel:

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

So, from chrome cockpit renders to a short flight with startup in such a short time span? Wonder when was the video taken then. 

Promising definitely. Let's see if those papers get signed in time for the next newsletter announcement 😀

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

13 hours ago, Mike Force Team said:

The Russian labeling of assorted knobs, switches, and buttons needs to be in English.

Blasphemy! It's a russian aircraft.

• Like 6

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

25 minutes ago, draconus said:

Blasphemy! It's a russian aircraft.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with Cyrillic labels. Quick to learn as well. 

I am sure there will be EN option as well, at some point. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Gierasimov said:

There is absolutely nothing wrong with Cyrillic labels.

Of course, english pit would be wrong, so anything unrealistic like that is a job for modders.

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

24 minutes ago, draconus said:

Of course, english pit would be wrong, so anything unrealistic like that is a job for modders.

But still ED provided for Hind, we'll see. If it's a selling point for people then it will be from day 1. But... 

We still need official announcement it is happening 😉

2 minutes ago, Badger1-1 said:

Ah yes: пуск must be the lights... 😄

..oh some light source will be there for sure.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, draconus said:

You're simulating that a Russian speaking pilot is operating the aircraft, you're not simulating yourself operating the aircraft. So, changing the labels to a language that you understand is more realistic than leaving it on Russian unless you learn what everything means of course.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Fromthedeep said:

You're simulating that a Russian speaking pilot is operating the aircraft, you're not simulating yourself operating the aircraft. So, changing the labels to a language that you understand is more realistic than leaving it on Russian unless you learn what everything means of course.

While default operator would be Russian pilot and that should be simulated the pilot can be simulated from any country still using the same aircraft (unchanged). In DCS only radio messages change in that regard. The pilot should know the aircraft of course so it's not like any pilot read the labels during the flight to know what does what. Mind that Polish Su-22M4 cockpit has russian labels too and we don't use Cyrilic.

Really, learning the cockpit in Cyrillic is not as bad as it sounds. 

I am all in for EN cockpit option though for people who can't do that. People can have different capacity of learning as well. 

I am with draconus on this one, Soviet jet, Soviet tech, let it be in original language as designed and produced. 

As I said, Hind has got the EN cockpit option, people can use it if they want, it does not bother me, coz on my PC, in my DCS World all is set to what I want...

I mean, and ADI is an ADI, an HSI is an HSI, a speedo is a speedo...

It isn't that hard to memorize rough placement of switch groups, and they have tooltips in EN anyway.

I've used Russian aircraft in sims for years without that much of an issue. Actually, as a side effect, at some point, I've found that I could spontaneously read Cyrillic 😄 not that I understand what I read, but hey! At least I can read it now 😄

Don't get me wrong, it is nice to have it, and these days, due to spending less time on DCS sadly, I tend to use English cockpit when learning, where available, and switch to Russian after getting comfy enough in operating the type. But I still don't see it as an essential feature to have in the beginning of a module's life. When MFDs are involved, I do understand and agree with requirement for an English cockpit though. But it isn't like we are likely to get anything with MFDs but not in English.

That said I don't see how EN cockpit would be so egregiously unrealistic and a job for modders either. It is nice to have eventually.

DCS-Dismounts Script