A little heads up on Mission 4

First of all, absolutely loving the campaign so far. The expectations were high and they were met with flying colours. Cracking job to anybody that worked on it and especially BD.

A little anecdote and a heads up, to prevent some possible frustration.

When playing mission 4 earlier I ran into a bug that is currently pestering the Hornet. I was flying around and using my A/G Radar in Sea Mode. When I first used it to find the ''POWER CORD'' which we were diverted towards I didnt notice anything strange. When I was done taking some nice selfies with them, I wondered where my waypoint 2 had gone, which I was heading towards earlier. It seemed to be behind me now, which I thought was odd. Feeling a bit weird but not sure of what was going on, I justed wrote down the coords for the port of Tartus and flew towards my newly created waypoint 4. After taking some holiday pics there too we got sent to another skunk, 267 for 19 from Wall Socket. So I switched back to my waypoint 2 to see my relative position. It was then when the dots started connecting in my head (yeah, a little derp, but didnt expect the bug), the waypoint location for WP2 didnt make sense, it wasnt anywere near the port, or land for that matter. When I slaved my ATFLIR towards it I saw the ''POWER CORD'' which I was taking selfies with earlier. Then I realized something was off and after a little testing, found out that any designation from for example the A/G radar (both depressing the TDC and SSS in the correct DDI direction) or the ATFLIR updated whichever waypoint you had selected to those coordinates where your sensor was pointing. After a little trip to these forums I found that the bug has already been noticed and reported.

Just thought I'd share in order to prevent frustration on this mission or maybe later in the campaign. Its not impossible to do your thing with this bug, but sure as hell its pretty annoying, especially if you are not realizing whats going on!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

Yeh done my head in too, Olive called 2 skunks out, so found the first with sea radar, then i just pulled the harbour co-ords from f10 map, set my own wp, and on freelance was scanning ships down parallel to the coast, eventually found the right ship

On 7/1/2022 at 7:03 PM, Fogo11 said:

Hi there,

May I ask how did you actually take selfies with the camera?

Hi,

I wasn't actually taking selfies, it was figure of speech to relax the story a little bit. The actual procedure is to have your Video Record panel (below the EFEI) set up correctly. Left switch to the DDI which your ATFLIR is on, so LDDI if you have it on your left DDI and RDDI if you have it on your right DDI and put the middle switch to record the HUD. Then by switching the right switch to MAN you are ''roleplaying'' that you are recording the ship for use in debrief or intel later.

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm