EXP Zoom in HSD with CPL on Bug?

104th_Crunch

There seems to be a bug when zooming using the 2 EXP modes on the HSD with CPL on (radar range couple). In UNCPL uncoupled mode, the 2 EXP modes work fine.

In this video, I slew the HSD cursor over a contact with CPL on. The Bulls Eye location is shown correctly. When I press the HOTAS Pinky button for EXP 1 and EXP 2, the HSD is nowhere near the contact and the Bulls Eye locations shown on the HSD are way off as well.  When returning to Normal zoom on the, the HSD cursor is off to the side, and not where it was initially before selecting the EXP modes.  I then repeat a 2nd time with the same results.

After the 2 attempts with CPL on, I switch the HSD to DCPL and the EXP modes then work as intended.

Thanks!

Edited by 104th_Crunch
  • Like 1

• ED Team

we will try to reproduce but please if possible please include a track replay.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

@BIGNEWY

Here is a short track using latest DCS 2.7.15.26783 Open Beta. 27/06/22. I notice in Wags's demo video for EXP modes, he does so exclusively in DCPL mode only.

- In air start. AP Alt hold. A2A Mode. HSD as SOI. Move cursor over Steerpoint

- EXP1 and EXP2, back to Normal. Functions as expected.

- Turn on CPL using OSB (Couple Distance with Radar) EXP 1 and EXP 2 show a reading far from Bullseye. Back to Normal and cursor is no longer n original position.

Thanks for your work on DCS!

Not sure why my short track is a bit over 5MB, so here it is on Google Drive.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RbwSE3mwvuLRCgTjQXf0B8iAtZzCzum3/view?usp=sharing

New information! I noticed that the expanded HSD wasn't expanding about the exact center of the HSD cursor but was offset. When expanding, at least at the EXP2 level, the actual cursor location and the apparent cursor location are not the same. It is possible to select steerpoint with the cursor when it is offset from the actual object being selected.

As indicated in the first post it appears that the EXP2 feature when in DEP/CPL mode is placing the cursor in a position totally wrong compared to the unexpanded position. In one situation this issue wasn't happening in CEN/CPL mode but in another test (in track) there was an issue in CEN/CPL mode as well.

F16 HSD cursor position CEN DEP CPL DCPL EXP1 EXP2.trk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 4 weeks later...