Damn CPG will not fire Hellfires. PERIOD! No matter what

DmitriKozlowsky

NOTICE* After you destroy your first target, press long back on the George AI Helper (S key on K/B) and George will automatically re-search the same area, instead of having to point your head and ask to search. He didn't know this when he made this easy tutorial.  5:22 of the video.

Edited by Castor Troy

It isn't quite that he is re-searching the same area, so much as he is bringing up the same list of targets he presented last time.  From there you can select another target from the same list to engage. 

This is helpful if you are circling back around for another pass, you don't even need to look in the direction of the targets to direct George to lock up the next target in the list.  Then bring the nose to be within constraints and tell him to engage.

A few more notes on this:

• When there is only one unit left in the list, he doesn't present a list of one, he just lases the last target. 
  • He also presents this list even if you don't have LOS on any of the previous targets any more, so even though the list comes up and you select one of the units, he may not be able to lase it of he doesn't have LOS. 
  • If you have told him to search another area with SHORT-UP, he forgets the last list he made with known targets.  So once he does a search and doesn't find anything, you can't LONG-DN to retrieve the list you had a short while ago.

3 hours ago, DmitriKozlowsky said:

Yeah those Wags tutorials. They are what are termed 'wordy'. After first 5 minutes, there is little information, usefull information is presented. After 10 minutes, it just a waste of time.

Interesting I always find his videos very helpful and informative myself. I have learned a lot from them.

• Like 2

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

3 hours ago, DmitriKozlowsky said:

I bound HOCAS, Pilot GeorgeAI, and general GeorgeAI. But I also left the default keyboard binds in place. I having issues with those. Becouse it is inconsistent as to which command is executed. I am sure it will get sorted. May take a5 or 7 builds.

I am skeptical that the issue is with DCS, when you seem to be the only one having a problem with it...

There should be no long presses needed for normal Hellfire engagement. Just a short tap is all you need for each command.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, admiki said:

Guys, it is never his fault, it's always module or controls setup (as in how ED configured it).

Yeah kind of starting to look that way. He has had a ton of good advice already.

• Like 2

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

12 hours ago, Bunny Clark said:

I am skeptical that the issue is with DCS, when you seem to be the only one having a problem with it...

There should be no long presses needed for normal Hellfire engagement. Just a short tap is all you need for each command.

Well, not has been my experience. George AI RIGHT for example with Hellfire. Sometimes the quick RIGHT changes Hellfire from LOBL to LOAL and back. Other times quick RIGHT changes Hellfire trajectory from low to direct to high. Which is great, but is inconsistent. George DOWN sometimes turns off George, sometimes resets George, other times works 'right' and presents a list of targets. When George RIGHT after target selection, sometimes George TADS lases target, other times, just adds to target list. Either way, after  target is selected and told to engage via Consent Fire, George reports 'Engaging'. Sometimes George fires off a Hellfire, sometimes not despite 'engaging', other times George fires Hellfire which miss, and he keeps firing at lased target and they all miss. Gun work with George is OK. Rocket is zero effective with George. Once again, I am reporting my experience, good and otherwise. To me , I having a bit of difficulty predicting what George will do with particular command at what part of order sequence. The manual has this AI Helper menu order graph, that I am having difficult time replicating.

Are you sure your joystick bindings are working ok?

With so much problems you could have hardwareproblems with the buttons. Like "sticky" buttons, or lack of contact when pressing.

Reason I mention this was your "3 buttons" binding to make 1 simple command. It can work, but you have 3 potential places where you can get errors.

The correct way to do multiple commands from same trigger is to set up a separate button as a "modifier". This is used to toggle the function of the buttons you want multiple functions from.

1 hour ago, TZeer said:

Are you sure your joystick bindings are working ok?

That was my first thought as I saw this screenshot:

On 6/25/2022 at 12:04 PM, DmitriKozlowsky said:

GeorgeAI_Helper_cmd.jpg

@DmitriKozlowsky: Have you ever tried to reduce your three-button-bindings to a single button? Just for testing purposes...

1 hour ago, DmitriKozlowsky said:

Just George AI is having issues for me. I expect those to be resolved. Usually takes about 3 sometimes 5 builds. 

What AI issues are you talking about exactly?

[Modules] A-10C, A-10C II, AH-64D, F-14A/B, F-16C, F/A-18C, FC3, Ka-50, P-51D, UH-1H, CA, SC
[Maps] PG, NTTR, Normandy, Sinai, Syria, TC

[OS] Windows 11 Pro
[PC] MSI Pro Z790-A, i9-13900K, 64 GB DDR5-5200, RTX 4090 24 GB GDDR6X, 2 x SSD 990 PRO 2 TB (M.2), Corsair 5000D Airflow, HX1500i, H150i RGB Elite, Acer X28, TM HOTAS Warthog (Grip@WarBRD Base), MS SW FFB2, Thrustmaster TFRP, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro
[Checklists] A-10C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AH-64D, Ka-50, UH-1H

On 6/25/2022 at 4:23 PM, Floyd1212 said:

It isn't quite that he is re-searching the same area, so much as he is bringing up the same list of targets he presented last time.  From there you can select another target from the same list to engage. 

This is helpful if you are circling back around for another pass, you don't even need to look in the direction of the targets to direct George to lock up the next target in the list.  Then bring the nose to be within constraints and tell him to engage.

A few more notes on this:

• When there is only one unit left in the list, he doesn't present a list of one, he just lases the last target. 
  • He also presents this list even if you don't have LOS on any of the previous targets any more, so even though the list comes up and you select one of the units, he may not be able to lase it of he doesn't have LOS. 
  • If you have told him to search another area with SHORT-UP, he forgets the last list he made with known targets.  So once he does a search and doesn't find anything, you can't LONG-DN to retrieve the list you had a short while ago.

I agree its confusing as f....

vor 21 Stunden schrieb DmitriKozlowsky:

Well, not has been my experience. George AI RIGHT for example with Hellfire. Sometimes the quick RIGHT changes Hellfire from LOBL to LOAL and back. Other times quick RIGHT changes Hellfire trajectory from low to direct to high. Which is great, but is inconsistent. George DOWN sometimes turns off George, sometimes resets George, other times works 'right' and presents a list of targets. When George RIGHT after target selection, sometimes George TADS lases target, other times, just adds to target list. Either way, after  target is selected and told to engage via Consent Fire, George reports 'Engaging'. Sometimes George fires off a Hellfire, sometimes not despite 'engaging', other times George fires Hellfire which miss, and he keeps firing at lased target and they all miss. Gun work with George is OK. Rocket is zero effective with George. Once again, I am reporting my experience, good and otherwise. To me , I having a bit of difficulty predicting what George will do with particular command at what part of order sequence. The manual has this AI Helper menu order graph, that I am having difficult time replicating.

For George Hellfire LOBL/LOAL:

Right Short = switch between LOBL and LOAL. Be advised that currently LOBL can only be switched to if trajectory is set to DIR (direct)

Right Long = change trajectory (DIR, LO, HI) if LOAL is selected.

For George not firing, help can only be given if we would see a track of your flight(s) - which will never happen i assume. My guess is that weapons are not in constraints or aligned as they should and that is why George is not firing. I am using George Hellfire, Gun and Rockets without *problems. Can provide track if need occures.

There has been a lot of advise/help already. e.g. the tip of putting VID -> TADS on one of the MPDs (i use the right one cause of ENG page overwriting the left... yeah pilot skills i know 😉).

Last thing:

ED has put George AI control to another "category" (next to CPG and Pilot) for a reason!

If you activate George AI interface it should overwrite every other setting.

Example: POV Up for "View up" and POV Up also for "George AI up" command. Press it and it uses "View up". Activate George AI interface then press it and it should use "George AI Up" ("short" if you only tap it once or "long" if you hold it).

Could not test it though. This was from end of march flying. Currently i personally use one modifier key for George commands.

K

* edit:

"without problems" meaning that around 80% of the time when something does not work, it is my pilot error.

Edited by Kharrn
  • Thanks 1

On 6/25/2022 at 6:04 PM, DmitriKozlowsky said:

None of those change the AI helper color. No matter how many seconds I hold them down or single click or double click.  But maybe my finger gymnastic are not yet mastered.

GeorgeAI_Helper_cmd.jpg

3 buttons to use the AI command rose? Doesn't look right. Are buttons 3 & 4 modifiers? If so, why do you need two modifiers? The long/short presses are a bit finicky at times. Doesn't help to have 2 buttons more to press. Btw, you can fire HFs as pilot too.

Edited by GrEaSeLiTeNiN

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB | 32GB Adata Spectrix D50 3600 Mhz (16x2) | Asus B550 TUF Plus Gaming | 2TB Aorus Gen4
HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 |
My Files | Windows 10 Home x64