Damn CPG will not fire Hellfires. PERIOD! No matter what

DmitriKozlowsky

5 hours ago, GrEaSeLiTeNiN said:

3 buttons to use the AI command rose? Doesn't look right. Are buttons 3 & 4 modifiers? If so, why do you need two modifiers? The long/short presses are a bit finicky at times. Doesn't help to have 2 buttons more to press. Btw, you can fire HFs as pilot too.

It works, because I use that in other modules. The two modifiers , on X56 Rhino (Logitech variant), are two side by side #4 and #5, on X56 throttle. The command stacking issues I was/am experiencing also happened when I use keyboard. But I think I have a better understanding of CPG command logic, so CPG GeorgeAI is less of an issue. Except with rockets. George , well my George, does not fire rockets, despite acknowledging "engaging". To fire rockets I  fire them manually. 'He' also kind of weird in firing Hellfires, in that he states "Lasing", I consent to fire, he fires Hellfire. Hellfire misses. About 1/4 of time Hellfire hits. Other times it impacts to the side or sails over target. As all measurements in Army and Marines are metric per NATO agreement. Thus I notice that GeorgeAI won't engage targets, farther 3000-3200 meters or so. He tells me "Get me closer". Gun under GeorgeAI is OK-fair. IMHO the CEP and beaten zone of M230 gun is wide. Wider then KA-50 in DCS. But then again, my hovering and slow fly hovering skill with Apache could be better. It is very sensitive. 

I look forward to the time when FCR and Hellfire Lima Radar are available. Right now even with ACQ set to $KR, the FCR page is empty. Like a place holder. But thats OK. I have my hands full training with laser guided K variant.

Cheers

1 hour ago, DmitriKozlowsky said:

It works, because I use that in other modules. The two modifiers , on X56 Rhino (Logitech variant), are two side by side #4 and #5, on X56 throttle. The command stacking issues I was/am experiencing also happened when I use keyboard. But I think I have a better understanding of CPG command logic, so CPG GeorgeAI is less of an issue. Except with rockets. George , well my George, does not fire rockets, despite acknowledging "engaging". To fire rockets I  fire them manually. 'He' also kind of weird in firing Hellfires, in that he states "Lasing", I consent to fire, he fires Hellfire. Hellfire misses. About 1/4 of time Hellfire hits. Other times it impacts to the side or sails over target. As all measurements in Army and Marines are metric per NATO agreement. Thus I notice that GeorgeAI won't engage targets, farther 3000-3200 meters or so. He tells me "Get me closer". Gun under GeorgeAI is OK-fair. IMHO the CEP and beaten zone of M230 gun is wide. Wider then KA-50 in DCS. But then again, my hovering and slow fly hovering skill with Apache could be better. It is very sensitive. 

I look forward to the time when FCR and Hellfire Lima Radar are available. Right now even with ACQ set to $KR, the FCR page is empty. Like a place holder. But thats OK. I have my hands full training with laser guided K variant.

Cheers

I see, come to think of it I use to use 2 modifiers also in my previous T.Flight Hotas in the jet modules.

As others mentioned, a good thing is to watch the video display (as pilot) what CPG George has locked up and whether a launch is viable. Can't completely trust him at the moment as he is WIP. Yeah the stacking order isn't user perfect. I find "repeat search" (long down) doesn't really work and often does short down ("stop laser/target track"). Sometimes I end up changing LOBL/LOAL accidentally as well. Perhaps a longer delay to activate long press would improve things.

I thought the cannon grouping has improved a lot based on this vid? Haven't flown the Apache in a while. Just discovered the Ka-50 which I find to be more efficient of the two as of now.     

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB | 32GB Adata Spectrix D50 3600 Mhz (16x2) | Asus B550 TUF Plus Gaming | 2TB Aorus Gen4
HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 |
My Files | Windows 10 Home x64

17 minutes ago, GrEaSeLiTeNiN said:

I see, come to think of it I use to use 2 modifiers also in my previous T.Flight Hotas in the jet modules.

As others mentioned, a good thing is to watch the video display (as pilot) what CPG George has locked up and whether a launch is viable. Can't completely trust him at the moment as he is WIP. Yeah the stacking order isn't user perfect. I find "repeat search" (long down) doesn't really work and often does short down ("stop laser/target track"). Sometimes I end up changing LOBL/LOAL accidentally as well. Perhaps a longer delay to activate long press would improve things.

I thought the cannon grouping has improved a lot based on this vid? Haven't flown the Apache in a while. Just discovered the Ka-50 which I find to be more efficient of the two as of now.     

I do watch CPG. On my left MFD  VID/TADS, overlayed with ENG, PRF, FUEL or ASA(RWR). I kind of wish that when CPG target list is displayed, the acronyms are colored red, blue, white. So that friendly cannot be selected and engaged. Would love to be able to export left and right MFD like in RAZBAM's AV-8B. Where screens are magnified and overlayed with transparency on upper left and upper right screen corners. For some reason the IHAADS monocle display gets irritating and feels weird after a while. So I turn it off and have my L-MFD display TADS video with FLT instruments overlayed on top.

• ED Team

If you are having problems please include a short as possible track replay showing what is going on. 

In my flights and test I am not seeing a problem. 

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

7 hours ago, DmitriKozlowsky said:

Except with rockets. George , well my George, does not fire rockets

The CPG does not fire rockets. Since rockets are aimed by flying the aircraft, the pilot always fires them.

Hellfire misses. About 1/4 of time Hellfire hits. Other times it impacts to the side or sails over target.

How steady are you flying? Too many rapid changes in orientation will make it difficult for George to keep the laser on target and result in a miss. I find if I'm careful with my flying, George has about a 90% hit rate with Hellfires, and most of the misses are because I was yanking on the stick.

1 hour ago, BIGNEWY said:

If you are having problems please include a short as possible track replay showing what is going on. 

thank you

good luck getting a track file from him.

We have asked over and over again for track files for all the issues he has and never got one

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

thank you

Maybe you could at least change the title of this thread. Immature titles like this are a stain on the forum.

Edited by sirrah
Grammar
  • Like 2

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH