Launch & Recovery concurrently????

AvgWhiteGuy

Can you start a mission with YOURSELF (Player-Client) in an F/A-18 cold on the deck of a SuperCarrier while multiple AI aircraft (2) are in approach/landing. Then, after the AI are recovered/parked, you startup, taxi & launch from either waist or bow cats?
I can set up the AIs and they do their thing, but as soon as I add a Client (myself) the deck is set to Launch exclusively (deck crew manning all cats), and the AIs just keep circling at 3,000ft. This all seems to occur automatically WITHOUT me initiating startup.
Would it not be logical to have Recovery and Bow Cat(s) Launching at the same time? 

Is this a trigger thing possible in ME?

Edited by AvgWhiteGuy
clarity

Asus B85 Pro Gamer - 32GB - Intel® Core i5-4460 CPU - SanDisk SDSSDXPS480G -Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

TrackIR5 - TM Warthog HOTAS Stick & Throttle - TM Cougar MFCDs - TM TPR Rudder Pedals - Razer Orbweaver - SoundBlasterX G5 DAC

On 6/25/2022 at 8:24 AM, AvgWhiteGuy said:

...Would it not be logical to have Recovery and Bow Cat(s) Launching at the same time? 

Is this a trigger thing possible in ME?

Hi, yes you can get this by delaying your flight by 1 second (as player flight). This way, if AI hornets next wpt at start is RTB on the carrier, this will be active priority task "in the queue" (before your presence on the deck will "reserve" the 4 cats).

Example attached. It is also possible to set you as "client" and start as spectator, and select client slot after 1 second, but I think 1st method is prefered.

test-cold-start+landing-hornets.miz

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

@toutenglisse...sorry for long delay...Shanghai lockdowns are ridiculous. I'll try this out tonight or tomorrow. Really appreciate your help on this.

Asus B85 Pro Gamer - 32GB - Intel® Core i5-4460 CPU - SanDisk SDSSDXPS480G -Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

TrackIR5 - TM Warthog HOTAS Stick & Throttle - TM Cougar MFCDs - TM TPR Rudder Pedals - Razer Orbweaver - SoundBlasterX G5 DAC