F18 rwr not receiving a fast tone frequency for missiles that are tracking my aircraft

A A ron

This has happened a couple of times on the multiplayer 162nd vipers server. An enemy AI will launch a semi active or active radar guided missile and my rwr high frequency tone will never go into high frequency. I will get a slow tone and the aircraft in the lethal portion of the rwr know I am spiked. My last issue was yesterday. I found through tacview that a j-11 launched a r-27 et semi active radar guided missile at about 12 mi away. I only had a slow tone on the rwr. The rwr should have went into high frequency fast tone letting me know that he has me in single target track. I think this is a bug issue. Please correct me if I am wrong and tell me what I am doing wrong. Thanks.

8 hours ago, A A ron said:

This has happened a couple of times on the multiplayer 162nd vipers server. An enemy AI will launch a semi active or active radar guided missile and my rwr high frequency tone will never go into high frequency. I will get a slow tone and the aircraft in the lethal portion of the rwr know I am spiked. My last issue was yesterday. I found through tacview that a j-11 launched a r-27 et semi active radar guided missile at about 12 mi away. I only had a slow tone on the rwr. The rwr should have went into high frequency fast tone letting me know that he has me in single target track. I think this is a bug issue. Please correct me if I am wrong and tell me what I am doing wrong. Thanks.

20 minutes ago, Flappie said:

That's OK, I'll test it on my end. Can you please give me the exact R-27 type?

It's not the R-27T or ET version, right?

Says there it was an "ET" - perhaps the there was some confusion?

Cmptohocah=CMPTOHOCAH 😉

Thanks! 😛 You know what? I'm pretty sure my brain skipped the lowercase "et" because it read the French "and" instead.

@A A ron Something important about the R-27 missile family: when the full name ends with a T, it means it's an infrared-guided missile. You won't hear its lock in your RWR.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

That missile came off his rail over 12 miles away. I thought the R-27ET was a semi active radar. Ok thanks for the heads up. I'm surprised that missile can lock on over 12 miles away being and ir guided missile. I used tacview to get this info. Fyi

3 hours ago, A A ron said:

That missile came off his rail over 12 miles away. I thought the R-27ET was a semi active radar. Ok thanks for the heads up. I'm surprised that missile can lock on over 12 miles away being and ir guided missile.

Mig-29, Su-27 and Su-33 can use either their radar or EOS to lock on you. ET is indeed IR-guided with the same motor as R-27ER (SARH) so it's range can be quite impressive, beware.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria