ACLS T/C CPL vs NATOPS & issues

Hippo

EDIT (2023-03-14):  Post edited and added point 3. Unnecessary out of date waffle removed.  Old tracks I had attached removed, as they now appear to be borked.

The procedure is described in chapter 24 of the NATOPS and I'd like to offer the following observations:

1. From the first NATOPS image, it appears that it is possible to select ACL and have T/C available long before established in the marshal stack.  However, in DCS it appears to be impossible to get T/C before making the "established" call.  I'd suggest that this could be fixed by making T/C avaible folliwing the "inbound" call instead.  Pls see track(s).  I have to call established well before I'm anywhere near the hold, to get T/C.  T/C then works in that I can CPL and I do get a CPLD HDG as per the NATOPS, but...

2.  It appears to guide me to a point around 40 nm behind the carrier and disconnects, afaict, when I cross the FB radial.  It's impossible to tell from the NATOPS but it seems to me that T/C CPL should've guided me closer to the holding point and should not disengage automatically.

3.  From my reading of the NATOPS, it should be possible to engage T/C (CPLD HDG) on commencing and keep it activated all the way though to step 5 on the second diagram below, at which point the pilot pushes CPL twice, first to deselect T/C and then to engage CLPD P/R.  However, I find that trying to transition into the landing configuration with CPLD HDG selected is almost impossible with huge overcorrections from the A/P.  I will post a track to demonstrate this.

Thank you again for making such an excellent sim.

image.png

image.png

Edited by Hippo
  • Like 1

System spec: Intel i9 13900KF @ stock,  Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB GDDR6X, Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR4, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600MHz C18, Samsung 980 EVO 500 GB NVME M.2 SSD (system drive), Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB NVME M.2 SSD (games drive), Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler, Asus XG43UQ Monitor, Oculus Quest Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals