Mission 5, Blade won't join

VMike

I have attempted this mission twice so far and am 0 for 2.  There is already a post in the main thread but no bug report yet.  Blade launches immediately after me, but he never turns or comes out of burner.  He flies heading 140 or so at about 35 degree nose-up attitude in full burner, on and on.  I gave up after about 10 minutes of this each time.  I read all documentation and briefings carefully, I'm following the instructions.  Disappointed but skipping this mission for now.

5 minutes ago, baltic_dragon said:

Thanks, will check. Got to love the AI. Worked perfectly well in last tests before the release. 

i also had this, but also later on, i form on target nothing happens, and i get didnt intercept in time. i have a thread in the main section, where few people had same issue with this mission

• Like 1

7 hours ago, baltic_dragon said:

Wait, the way it is supposed to happen: you should fly to Rock, which is your rejoin point and wait for Blade there, this is here he joins up and then you talk to Knight and move on. 
Are you in the correct spot? Just checking. 

I replied in the other post as well, but yes in all 4 attempts of mine so far I follow procedure carefully, fly BRC to 7 miles, then turn to Rock.  Once at Rock, I orbit there waiting for Blade but he never turns off of BRC or comes out of burner.  Guard monitoring enabled.

Honestly I am blown away by the design of this campaign, really excellent job @baltic_dragon.  I am sure a ton of hard work went in to this, so thank you thank you thank you!  Also as an avid Fighter Pilot Podcast listener, I absolutely love hearing Jell-O on the radios.  That's the only reason I came here and registered to report a bug, because this campaign is so close to being perfect!

• Like 2

On 6/25/2022 at 6:21 PM, VMike said:

Tried a 3rd time and I was wrong about him flying heading 140, he flies 104, carrier BRC.  So he doesn't turn at all, just keeps climbing in full burner.

I can confirm. I had a similiar behavior of Blade. Tried a second time and then he turned west to follow me towards ROCK. Cannot say what went wrong the first time, because I changed nothing. Did the same takeoff and headed towards Rock after the initial climb.

Edited by Muellerman

I don't think there is a bug, spoke today with two people who flew this mission and it worked well for them. I suspect the problem is that some of you are waiting for him to start following the player, while he just goes 7NM out from the carrier and then goes directly to WP 1 at angels 20 (you should also be at this altitude as briefed for the mission to work correctly). Keep me posted, perhaps I am wrong and need to update something (I will add a sentence to the Designer's Notes that PL is expected to wait for Blade at WP 1).

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

I was able to get the mission to work by launching from cat 2 instead of 3, like @CH4Pz did in the other thread.  Waited until about 30 seconds before Blade launched while he was hooking up, then I started my turn to rock after 2,500ft.

This method did take 2 attempts, the first try I was hooking up on cat 2 and the carrier started a turn to starboard about 90 degrees.  I waited for the turn to stop, then launched, and after that there were no comms and Blade did the same BRC track without turning.  So I restarted and luckily everything worked.

In my opinion there is definitely something strange going on with this mission, but the cat 2 workaround does work at least.

• Like 1

On 6/25/2022 at 12:21 PM, VMike said:

Tried a 3rd time and I was wrong about him flying heading 140, he flies 104, carrier BRC.  So he doesn't turn at all, just keeps climbing in full burner.

I had the same thing happen whey I first tried this mission.

On my 2nd attempt I just flew around the carrier a bit to wait for my wingman to take off.

Once he was airborne I proceeded to WP1 and he followed me. Mission went on without any further issues.

It's a great mission too!

Edited by lax22

System: 7800X3D / Asus RTX 4090 OC / 64GB 3600mhz / Pimax Crystal / VKB GF3 Ultimate

Not sure if this helps tracking down the issue, 

First time trying the mission i started up,  performed radio checks via spacebar. Then went to CAT3, took off and blade just kept going straight in burner. I then restarted the mission

When starting up,  your given the option to hit spacebar or use f10 menu to perform radio checks.  I used the f10 option,  and went to cat 2 instead. Took off and blade followed me.

It could be tied to the cat you choose,  or the radio check,  or both. 

• Like 1

System: Ryzen 5900x, G.Skill 3600 32GB, MSI 4090 suprim liquid X, samsung odyssey+ headset 

6 hours ago, sigfan86 said:

Not sure if this helps tracking down the issue, 

First time trying the mission i started up,  performed radio checks via spacebar. Then went to CAT3, took off and blade just kept going straight in burner. I then restarted the mission

When starting up,  your given the option to hit spacebar or use f10 menu to perform radio checks.  I used the f10 option,  and went to cat 2 instead. Took off and blade followed me.

It could be tied to the cat you choose,  or the radio check,  or both. 

Yeh, CAT2 seems to be the work around for now !

It seems that a lot lies with timing after mission start.

I’ve tried the mission several times and found that i I stress the start up, radio checks (using the F10 menu) and expediting taxi, Blade starts taxiing almost right away, and turns to trail after departure.

If I’m wasting time during mission start, he just sits at the ramp until I depart - then depart and fly eastbound…

• Like 2

21 hours ago, baltic_dragon said:

I will have a closer look. Some people reported using CAT 2 helps.

So im working back through getting 100's, till M12 is a go, and i did get the full burner thing even launching from CAT2 one time, but i also didnt wait for him to hook up that time, but all the next ones worked (3 times i think), once he was hooked in, then as soon as i was A2.5, turn RIGHT for WP1, but yeh something very odd going on with it, not consistent at all.

i also noticed when he flys his 7 miles and turns to WP1, he does do that in AB, so not sure if the boys are letting him go long enough, but he does get stuck on brc too, just worth mentioning

Edited by CH4Pz
  • Like 1

On 7/2/2022 at 5:45 PM, Arbil said:

No matter what I do my wingman just stays straight ahead after launch full buster.

Desktop Screenshot 2022.07.02 - 13.50.59.19.png

Do you turn left or right to WP1? Best bet for me is CAT2, wait till hes hooked in and his marshall goes to the side, then Right turn to wp1 as soon as your A2.5

Guys, this looks to me like DSC bug. However, I managed to make him turn and go to WP 1 normally, where he rejoins with player as briefed and then follows him. I have an impression that many of you wait for him to rejoin immediately, but the rejoin is supposed to take place at WP 1 (bullseye). Marking as  fixed. 

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

vor 12 Stunden schrieb baltic_dragon:

Guys, this looks to me like DSC bug. However, I managed to make him turn and go to WP 1 normally, where he rejoins with player as briefed and then follows him. I have an impression that many of you wait for him to rejoin immediately, but the rejoin is supposed to take place at WP 1 (bullseye). Marking as  fixed. 

I've never expected Blade to join up immediately and always went to WP1 as briefed (climb to 2500 then turn 240 IIRC), and I do, and once I'm at WP and checked in  hear Flip say that he'll do a quick 360 to have Blade hook up. Then nothing. On the SA page you can clearly see Blade going in the opposite direction (40+ miles away from WP1), and the F2 view reveals Blade "hanging in the air" in full AB and high AOA.

I suspect that it somehow depends on how fast the player starts up and takes off, maybe related to the carrier changing course?

Hi!

Same here, me at WP1 angels 20, making 360 spins but Blade is going straight on BRC climbing to 34K+ full afterburners. Now 5 times in a row and cant continue!

Edited by RedLion
  • Like 3

Had the same issue on first time. Circled before WP to let him rejoin ASAP, because I know stupid AI wingmen run full AB to rejoin until they're settled, and I wanted him to spare fuel. That does'nt work in this mission and make him indeed run east full AB endlessly.

Then I went to WP 1 straight ahead, slowly, and it went OK.

Hi!

Maybe this is all about timing and the fact, as Jayhawk1971 mentioned earlier, that CV is starting to turn.

Startup and launch as fast as possible, no matter which CAT, and Blade will turn to WP1 as expected.

Another issue is that after refueling (if needed), Blade will fly back to Beirut when the player already on Marshall stack.

Very busy mission btw )))

Edited by RedLion
  • Like 1

I had the same issue when I launched from CAT3 after a usual startup with the usual start up checks (firetest, probes etc.) Blade took off and decide do defect to Syria (proofs are attached for the courtmartial) !

When I took of from CAT2 (wihtout any start up checks to speed up the whole process) all worked fine. So either the cat is playing a role, or some trigger have some short time limits to achieve and a longer startup causes the issue

20220709221011_1.jpg

20220709221029_1.jpg

• Like 1

vor 5 Stunden schrieb Devastator:

I had the same issue when I launched from CAT3 after a usual startup with the usual start up checks (firetest, probes etc.) Blade took off and decide do defect to Syria (proofs are attached for the courtmartial) !

When I took of from CAT2 (wihtout any start up checks to speed up the whole process) all worked fine. So either the cat is playing a role, or some trigger have some short time limits to achieve and a longer startup causes the issue

I suspect the latter is the problem, as I used Cat 2 in all my attempts (having already been forewarned not to use Cat 3 by several forum posts). I have shelved the campaign until the next patch since apparently M06 is also broken and those issues take me out of the experience. Never got around to finish the first Raven 1 campaign for the same reason, and so far never got around to see how the current state is.

I wish ED would find a better solution to coordinate their patches with paid content creators, so that at least they get some form of heads-up regarding gameplay-breaking bugs. And maybe give them the opportunity to release hotfixes outside of ED's official patch cycles.

• Like 1

Hi,  I'm  facing  the  same  problem and  using Cat2 does not  solve  it.

Baltic,  would  you  be  so   kind  as to  post track  or video of  the  mission  beginning  until rejoin  at  WP1  ?  This  would  help  in finding the  prroperr  way to go. 

Many thanks

Details:

Asus Z-170E, Intel i5-6600K @ 4.2GHz, 16GB RAM

MSI GTX970 Gaming 4G

Win 10 Home