F14 ACLS Over Shoots and Misses The Wires

tmansteve

Using stable version latest update. Everything working fine until the last moment when she is just a little high and misses the wires to Bolter. All operations are fine. Tried three attempts then landed manually.

Not sure if this is already being looked at or fixed for next update.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Is this on a calm sea state/ low winds, or high winds/ high sea state?

Currently the ACLS is not capable to compensate for a pitching deck when the 10 seconds light comes on as it should. This is something we have yet to find a solution for.

If it happens on low sea state, this is clearly a bug though.

Also, would you be so kind please and attach a short track? Our AP dev can then directly debug it - it would help a lot! Thank you!

Please do not interact with Jester for the track, or it will break it.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

When using the ACLS with the Case 1 Recovery instant action mission, it seems like the ACLS doesn't move your plane at all. I'd assume this is similar to the AP in general degraded when the latest OB patch released.

ACLSF14Test1.trkACLSF14Test2.trk

• Like 1

-Tinkerer, Certified F-14 and AIM-54 Nut | Discord: @dsplayer

Setup: i7-8700k, GTX 1080 Ti, 32GB 3066Mhz, Lots of Storage, Saitek/Logitech X56 HOTAS, TrackIR + TrackClipPro
Modules: F-14, F/A-18, JF-17, F-16C, Mirage 2000C, FC3, F-5E, Mi-24P, AJS-37, AV-8B, A-10C II, AH-64D, MiG-21bis, F-86F, MiG-19P, P-51D, Mirage F1, L-39, C-101, SA342M, Ka-50 III, Supercarrier, F-15E
Maps: Caucasus, Marianas, South Atlantic, Persian Gulf, Syria, Nevada

Mods I've Made: F-14 Factory Clean Cockpit Mod | Modern F-14 Weapons Mod | Iranian F-14 Weapons Pack | F-14B Nozzle Percentage Mod + Label Fix | AIM-23 Hawk Mod for F-14 

20 hours ago, DSplayer said:

When using the ACLS with the Case 1 Recovery instant action mission, it seems like the ACLS doesn't move your plane at all. I'd assume this is similar to the AP in general degraded when the latest OB patch released.

ACLSF14Test1.trk 838.82 kB · 0 downloads ACLSF14Test2.trk 722.33 kB · 0 downloads

Could be. try setting a slightly higher deadzone and try again please. We hope to have a fix the coming patch.

• Like 1

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

• 2 weeks later...
06.07.2022 в 23:06, DoubleP99 сказал:

Yep I notice the same thing, I did multiple case 3 landings with acls in different missions and it always overshoots the wires 

confirm. ACLS almost doesn't work. Autopilot activated but overshoot. 3 out of 4 landings will fly through the cable. and it is possible that 4 landing will hook the very last 4 cable. with a calm sea and zero wind
Do you need a track? Or are you aware of the problem? Does your autopilot get on the cables as it should?
dcs version openbeta 2.7.16.27869

Edited by Goodwin

44 minutes ago, near_blind said:

The supercarrier thinks you're a hornet with regards to LSO calls and the meatball. The ACLS code for the F-14 is internal to the F-14's code and handled by Heatblur. 

What you mean it isn't actually working like an actual ICLS at all? 

1 hour ago, Goodwin said:

@IronMike 🙂
is there any chance that you will fix the accuracy of auto landing on an aircraft carrier for F-14? 
or do you need a track?

if you have a short track that will surely help, thank you. Please remember to not use the Jester menu in the track. It also helps to engage ATT hold within 10 seconds of mission start, in order to prevent desync cause by inputs.

Thanks a ton!

And yes, ofc, if there is an inaccuracy, we intend on fixing it.

Heatblur Simulations

15 hours ago, near_blind said:

I don't believe I mentioned ICLS.

Isn’t the ACLS just autopilot coupling to ICLS? Which would need to be adjusted per-aircraft just like the IFLOLS? 

edit: Never mind, I didn’t know they were actually completely different systems, with ICLS being like ILS and ACLS being more like an automated feedback PAR approach. 

https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-difference-with-the-instrument-carrier-landing-system-and-the-automatic-carrier-landing-system

Edited by RustBelt

Been away for a while and notice that a few others are having similar problems. Lets hope it settles down and starts to play ball. I might just get it on track and when I am about 2 miles out, land it manually.

All my attempts have been fairly calm and also with 6 knots wind, always does the same thing.

Edited by tmansteve

Same in here. All parameters are in the line, calm weather and winds yet ACLS overshoots.

Can anyone else provide a track to devs? I'll be away from home for a few days.

Edited by muamshai

This space is available for your advertisement

Same with the Forrestal, feels like it misses wire 4 by about 1-2m.

• Like 1

Ryzen 5800x@5Ghz | 96gb DDR4 3200Mhz | Asus Rx6800xt TUF OC | 500Gb OS SSD + 1TB Gaming SSD | Asus VG27AQ | Trackhat clip | VPC WarBRD base | Thrustmaster stick and throttle (Deltasim minijoystick mod).

F14 | F16 | AJS37 | F5 | Av8b | FC3 | Mig21 | FW190D9 | Huey

Been playing DCS from Flanker 2.0 to present 😄

• 2 weeks later...

obviously everyone has a problem. why are developers still silent?
one of the main F-14 mechanics does not work.
The saddest thing is that on all tracks, when reviewing, my F-14 sits correctly. and when a person is piloting, then 14 misses 4 cables by 1-2 meters.
@IronMike I can attach the track. but he is useless. on repeat in the track everything is ok.

Edited by Goodwin
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

Same here...it doesn't work properly, misses the 4th wire for a couple of meters(i mean i have tried it more than 10 times in this last week..so it is a fact) , besides that the glide slope looks perfect but when approaching the deck,  i can clearly see the plane is a bit high so now i disengage auto throttle and full spoilers 5-10 meters before reaching the deck. a patch would be nice by now, already ruined me 2 hours of a mission last week, i wasnt able to bolter and crashed. Anyways i have to say that after discovering DCS by buying 3 modules(f14, f16 and a10II with all the sceneries) i just left MSFS with 2100hours of flight time...Im really in love

• 9 months later...

Same problem here. Everything looks fine until just before touchdown on the SC. Overshoots with a few meters in 4 of 4 attempts. Used the Marianas CASE III Instant Action mission. Maybe to windy? I have the burble off and I'm using OB MT 2.9.

The F-14 ACLS is supposed to work with the SC now?

----

Edit:
Created my own mission with 0 wind and got the #2 wire 2 of 2 tries. So maybe the Marianas instant action mission was too windy....?

Edited by Hillman
  • Like 1

HW: Intel i5 13600K, 64Gb DDR5, RTX 4090, Winwing Orion 2 HOTAS, TM TPR rudderpedals, Pico 4 VR+VirtualDesktop (VDXR), Win11
DCS: F-5, F-86, F-16, F-15E, FA-18, F-14, Harrier, Viggen, M-2000C, A-10C, AH-64, UH-1, Mi-8, Mi-24, Gazelle, Ka-50, Mig-21, P-47, P-51, Spitfire, Mosquito, Bf-109, Fw-190A, Fw-190D, Yak-52, C101, all maps & tech, SuperCarrier