How many modules do you own?

Sorata

So how many modules do you guys own?

I haven't played even my first mission yet or learned a plane yet as work has kept me busy with changing jobs and having to get certs etc (I left being a LEO Investigator to work at a Nuke plant).

So I cant play the game much but when I have down time at work I can view the sales and the steam sale going on now got my wallet 😄  So I bought 33 modules (aircraft and campaigns) and now have over 60 modules in the DLC tab for DCS at 427.52 GB. Is that normal 🤣

Love this sim so much its turning into pokemon, gotta catch em all.

Edited by Sorata
spelling

9 minutes ago, Sorata said:

So how many modules do you guys own?

I have almost all of them, save for the gps unit and some campaigns  🤫 hope mi wife never finds out.

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• Like 1

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

🤪they keep tempting me with this sale.... bought 7 more modules (two planes L-39 C-101, 3 GPS addons for them and two campaigns). While I love the half off prices I will be eating Ramen noodles all next month 🤢

4 hours ago, Sorata said:

🤪they keep tempting me with this sale.... bought 7 more modules (two planes L-39 C-101, 3 GPS addons for them and two campaigns). While I love the half off prices I will be eating Ramen noodles all next month 🤢

There is absolutely no need to ever extend our budgets, ED is kind enough to hold sales every 2-3 months .. enough time to master a single aircraft at a time 🙂 … I have every module because I’m on this hobby since 2013. 

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

I´m a bit conservative with the modules. 

I´ve got 3 maps (Persian Gulf, Syria and South Atlantic), Combined Arms, a couple of DLC campaigns and only 5 aircraft:
A-10CII, F-16, AV-8B, Huey and the Gazelle.
And I feel like I am already at my brains maximum capacity to remember how those work...

But, every new sale is so tempting ...

- Every aircraft other than Meh-16 :p.

- Syria and Channel maps

- Combined arms

- Garmin, its 3s in cockpit versions for Mi-8 and L-39.

Also, A-4E which is basically like a free module rather than a mod at this point.

Don't do campaigns myself.

Edited by WinterH

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

Far too many for own good. In the order of purchase ranging from september 2013 to august 2020:

P-51D, FC3, FW-190D, A-10C, L-39, F-86, BF 109, MiG-21, M-2000, F-5E, Nevada, Spitfire, Viggen, Ka-50, UH-1H, Mi-8, SA342, Normandy+Asset, MiG-15, AV-8B, F/A-18C, PG Map, F-14, Supercarrier, P-47, Syria.
* FW-190, BF-109, Spitfire, P-47, Normandy and Asset pack was all part of World War II Europe Kickstarter backing.

And then the merry-go-round stopped. Got really fed up with Early Access.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

I only play on Open Beta.

Maps: All

Aircraft: Mi-24, Ka-50, AH-64, Bf-109, Fw-190A, Fw-190D, Mosquito, FC3, F-18, F-16, MiG-15, MiG-19, MiG-21, AV-8B, AJS-37, F-5, M2000C.

I am about to get the F-14. Thanks free trial...

• Like 1

Hi,

Unfortunately too many and I would like to give a few back or sell them, because it was a total bad buy...

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

I forgot about the free trials, I should have looked into how that worked.

I ended up at 103 now. Bought everything that was 50% off. I think all I need now is the Christian Eagle II and Mosquitto and 1 campaign that wasn't on sale yet.

At 50% off I figured what the heck and my new job surprised me with a bonus check with the worlds best timing so I decided that's where it would go as a gift to myself since I have been neglecting that for a while and pretty much working nonstop for a few years i.e. haven't had a vacation in 22 years.

Ill spend it at home playing this with my dogs for my RIO/WISO. Gonna be reading a lot of PDFs at work 🤣 

Wonder if I can drag my old by then PC to the old folks home when the time comes in about 30 years so I can finally play it all 😜

Edited by Sorata

I have over half.

Don't know if can name them all from memory. I have all the maps  including SA.

I also have many campaigns. WW2 asset pack. Super carrier.

All WW2 planes except the Donkey. 

Of jets I have 

F18(which I never fly and don't like.)

F14 Which I love. But can't master

F16 Which I love and getting decent with.

Harrier.

Viggen 

F86

F5

MiG21

The FC3 stuff

A-10 tank killer.

Might have forgotten some 

Also have Apache and Huey 

I don't have the yak, MiG15, the Russian choppers.

I was a good boy this last sale and only bought a single campgian.

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

More than I need to be honest. Still miss a few airplanes but got most of them and all maps and carrier etc..

I started to collect a decade ago and built it up over that time, slowly but steadily.

This will keep me busy till I die and then some more, strangely I still buy new modules knowing I won't have time to fly them, must be the cave man in me 😉

edit*

my install size as of today is 413GB

I assume with the ~10 planes I am missing it will be way beyond 500GB for those who own them all.

Edited by BitMaster

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

2 hours ago, BitMaster said:

my install size as of today is 413GB

I assume with the ~10 planes I am missing it will be way beyond 500GB for those who own them all.

Not really, as aircraft modules use little space .. the Maps are the real space huggers. I have every map & aircraft and the disk size is 444 GB, not counting the space at /Saved Games/

disk size.jpg

Edited by Rudel_chw