P51 or Dora?

Sparc

Guys my wife is buying me a module and they are on sale. I only have one option between the mustang and the Dora. I love the mustang how it performs as the trainer version but who's the better fighter? I have a feeling it's the dora. I have both rc models btw xD

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I can only say that TF-51 performs noticeable better then combat loaded P-51, due to increased weight of P-51. But i can't say which one is better fighter.

The best solution is to end up with both in your hangar 🙂 Just pick one for now it takes time to master each of this planes.

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

They're both similar in performances, P-51 gets better with altitude, Dora is better low level (sort of, it's more complex than that). Perhaps P-51 is more interesting with regards to usability in online servers, but both are interesting to fly. Dora isn't exactly better, it is better in some parts of the envelope, but P-51 is better in others. In this case it's more a question of which one you like better.

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

5 hours ago, Sparc said:

Ended up with both. I love the simplicity of the dora but the mustang shreds me most of the time (ai)

Yes, AI is not easy to beat. It requires quite a skill to do that 🙂

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

12 hours ago, Sparc said:

Ended up with both. I love the simplicity of the dora but the mustang shreds me most of the time (ai)

It's always advisable to remind Dora won't turn with P-51, both are quite high wing loaded, but Dora even more so in that pair suddenly P-51 is the somewhat Turn&Burn fighter while Dora is the Boom&Zoom one. Anyhow, if you keep your speed high, Dora's strength, you can use the vertical more than P-51 can. At low level you can hit&run since nobody will get any close to you max speed wise while you keep it high.

Edited by Ala13_ManOWar
  • Thanks 1

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

On 6/26/2022 at 7:21 AM, Sparc said:

Guys my wife is buying me a module and they are on sale. I only have one option between the mustang and the Dora. I love the mustang how it performs as the trainer version but who's the better fighter? I have a feeling it's the dora. I have both rc models btw xD

Pics pop the rc models? I am jelly:D 

nice wife btw👍

• Like 1

Darkstar: Merged

gave the d9 a shot last night as i want to get a new warbird. i fly the mustang mainly.

both planes performce very close but have some pro/cons, or simply vary as its the nature of the beast and their respective tasks.

the p51 is a very simple to learn, handle and fly a/c, just as the dora.

startup proceedures on the dora is just as easy as on the mustang.

taxiing is more tricky in the dora as you can only use brakes and the view is worse than in the pony.

general a/c handling is easier in the dora imho. the mustang requires some finesse when turning and literally will buck around if you try to make do things too hard (mustang is very fitting).
the dora will be faster below 8k ft but cant really out turn the mustang. you go in fast and <profanity> off.
its not a total waste in a dogfight and with enough bfm knowledge you can hold your own.

survivability is definately on the doras side. it can take a punch. the mustangs weak spot is its radiator. take it out and the mustang is out of the fight very very soon.
the doras armament is brutal, as one small brust of its cannons and mg will shread any opponent.
the mustangs 6 50cal will do good damage too, but you need to aim well and and give a longer burst.

the sights are a thing. the pony has the advantage here imho. the sight feels "better", whereas the doras functions the same way, it feels somewhat more "sluggish".

the dora is the peasants brute lawnmower on xXx roidrage, while the mustang is the shiny sportscar.

for pure flying only, they´re on par. personally ive always had a thing for german planes.
for combat i side with the mustang. its more versatile in the specturm of things imho.

in the end, it depends what suits your flying most.

conclusion.

get your wife buy one plane, and you buy the other and dont tell her.

• Thanks 2

23 hours ago, horstweihrauch said:

Pics pop the rc models? I am jelly:D 

nice wife btw👍

image_46287.jpg

image_62151.jpg

Lol my wife ended up getting both dcs modules for me. I'm loving them. Still my favorite plane is the bf 109. I need to work on my turn fighting I lose a lot of speed on turning. 

• Thanks 2

On 6/27/2022 at 5:38 AM, grafspee said:

Yes, AI is not easy to beat. It requires quite a skill to do that 🙂

I totally agree with this. They are quite a challenge to take down. 

1 minute ago, horstweihrauch said:

Wow they look 😎.Very nice painting 

Thank you. These are small foamy models but they fly fast and very stable.