Fresh Installed Open Beta 2.7.15.26783 no Mod. CTD

Tango Lima

Fresh Clean open Beta 2.7.15.26783 installed and no Mod, only F-16C and Caucasus installed.
ED Training mission run fine no issues but own created mission Random Time CTD.

I don't know why, I did a fresh install.
DDU Driver install, Check the RAM ok, Card Stress Test ok, VRAM ok.

I don't know I can play MSFS2020 for 8 hours with PMDG 737-700 wihtout CTD.

Realy I don't know what I can do now.

Regard
Tango Lima/Scorpion

dcs.log-20220625-221706.zip dcs.log-20220625-232549.zip dcs.log-20220626-001211.zip dcs.log-20220626-003059.zip dcs.log-20220626-131852.zip

BVR AIM-120B Human F-16C 1 F-16C Ai .miz

Edited by Thomas Loeffelmann

• Tango Lima changed the title to Fresh Installed Open Beta 2.7.15.26783 no Mod. CTD

Hello Thomas. When a specific mission file causes CTD, it can be caused by temporary files stored in "C:\Users\***\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS...".

1. Close DCS.
  2. Go to "C:\Users\***\AppData\Local\Temp".
  3. Delete any "DCS..." folders you can find in there.
  4. Retry to fly your mission.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

You seem to have a HUGE pagefile (93 GB). DCS sometimes needs a comfortable pagefile to run OK, but it doesn't as long as the PC has 64 GB of RAM or more.

Seeing as your PC has 64 GB of RAM, you should let Windows handle the pagefile size automatically.

auto.png

Let us know if that helps.

Edited by Flappie

You mean you set a bigger pagefile so the game can run longer before the crash?

For now, your pagefile is still huge:

2022-06-26 16:25:33.717 INFO    APP: CPU cores: 6, threads: 12, System RAM: 65471 MB, Pagefile: 83968 MB

Edited by Flappie

I see. It is weird that Windows uses so much pagefile when you have 64GB of RAM already.

Let's limit your pagefile size then. Uncheck "Automatically...", select your C:\ drive, and set it like this:

• initial size (MB) : 4096
  • maximum size (MB) : 16384

Apply, then reboot.

If this doesn't help either, you should check your hardware:

• In the NVIDIA control panel, click "Help", then enable "Debug mode" (it will temporarily disable GPU OC).
  • In your BIOS, ensure PCIe is set to "Auto" or "Gen4", but not "Gen 3".
  • In your BIOS, disable RAM XMP profile.
  • Dust off both CPU and GPU, check your PSU voltage and temps using HWMonitor.

Tbh, you‘re windows - let alone DCS should not use your pagefile at all with this amount of ram. (perhaps a few mb here and there but nothing in the GB regime).

You should check you‘re resources monitor and services list carefully for what process(es) are taking so much resources.

How much ram and cpu are you using idling on Desktop?

Edit: Are you using chrome? Do you close all other applications (including web browser) when playing DCS?

Edited by Hiob

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

Looks like yes, I have to test long flight on a server.

The 2 old mission where crash before is now, no CTD anymore.

Looks like is solved.

Thank you Flappie for your patient and time.

Thanks. I see you still have the DXGI_ERROR_DEVIE_REMOVED error. I'm out of ideas. 🙄

You should open a support ticket. Go to the main DCS website, log in, then click "Support" and "Create a new ticket".

Hello Flappie,

I think I found the issues, after start my own created Emergency training mission in the FA-18C. I saw the Mission Designer did not save it correct. Reason I don't know.

Why I think it is this, If I start left engine inflight shut down in the FA-18C the FA-18C lost completly the Eletrical Bus. But should not be. On a Multiplayer the FA-18C react in this case not with a complet lost of electrical power.

That why I think the Mission Designer can not save it correct and cause my anomalie CTD.

Only what I can do I can record it via Twitsch Stream and you can see what I mean.

I think I found my isssues.It was the G-SYNC.
My Set Up is Window Mode in DCS World and my NVIDIA System was set only Full Screen Mode. I chance it to both Window and Fullscreen Mode.

And flew 10 time my Mission without any crash from now.

Bad News it start crashing again CTD, strange is I can fly MSFS2020 for many hours no CTD.

Regard
Tango Lima/Scorpion