Is there a novice server or something?

SantasGolfClub

I'm keen to buy the Hornet. I'm busy learning the SU-25T, but love the look for the Hornet videos. I'm very experienced in Flight Sim, not so much in DCS. I have the Apache, and that's about it. So my question is: Are there servers, discords or just people, who are willing to help? Where a novice can go on and learn the ropes instead of just becoming a ball of fire after wheels up? (Once I work out how to get the wheels up, that is).

I'm also in a crappy timezone. Australia. But if there's places I can fly where it's basically less combat, more, learning, that would be amazing. And if there's someone that's willing to spend time with me to learn - I'd buy it instantly and get going. In the mean time, I'll learn the SU-25T, while I wait for someone to prompt me to get the Hornet. 

Well look for Aerobatics Online public servers.  No combat nor weapons and lots of friendly folks there.  Ive been flying the Hornet since release andso if you see me online call on me.  My online time is random and sporadic due to RL.

I would also consider this as an excellent study guide:

https://www.mudspike.com/chucks-guides-dcs-f-a-18c-hornet/

Edited by Steel Jaw

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

Look up Tactical DCS on Dicord. They have training Thursday for EU timezones and NA/US . I fly with them from time to time good groop of guy and gals. The way it works they divide you out by airframe and then decide on what everyone wants to work on.  I think they even have a section if u want to do 1 on 1 training just put your request out there what you want to do. Then I believe on Tuesdays they run a coop mission and I assume you just show up and go from their. I have no idea how to link their discord site to this message the avatar is a 1/2 red and white circle with a P in the center.

Hope this helps 

J

Ryzen7 5800X3D. 64 gb ram, 6950XT 16gb,  Winwing Orion F18, MFG Crosswind Rudder, 42 inch lg tv, Quest PRO

USN  VF31 F14A  AE2 1985-1989 CV 59 NAS Oceana

IL ANG 183FW/170FS F16 Block 30 Big Mouth 1989-2006 Full time tech Retired E8

I just fly the included missions in Caucuses and Persion Gulf to get experience. I also have my screen set up so I can easily pause DCS and go to the web for youtube videos or to Chuck's Guide, or to something I have saved in my 'SIm Flying' documents folder.