Any chance we'll get the C and D?

upyr1

Currently nobody knows, but let's hope so provided the module is a success and sales figures are good to them.

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

15 minutes ago, Raviar said:

already announced as C,D and E , the E will release 1st, check the official announcement by HB

Where did they say that they will do a C or D?

Yannick "Pancake"

CO VF-14 - vCVW Two

PILOT

[pahy-luh t] - noun

1. A person who does precision gueswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge. See also: wizard, magican

1 hour ago, Yannick Pancake said:

Where did they say that they will do a C or D?

They never did. They said they will likely look at some sort of Naval J/S Phantom after the E is done, which are only superficially similar to the C/D.

Thats how I  understood it as well, but I was wondering if I might have overread it

Yannick "Pancake"

CO VF-14 - vCVW Two

PILOT

[pahy-luh t] - noun

1. A person who does precision gueswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge. See also: wizard, magican

36 minutes ago, TLTeo said:

They never did. They said they will likely look at some sort of Naval J/S Phantom after the E is done, which are only superficially similar to the C/D.

I was thinking this was the case. The C and B are the most similar Phantoms so I a B/C/D module might make sense 

15 minutes ago, sparrow88 said:

How so? 

Avionics are completely different (radar especially, but also nav/bombing systems, lack of IRST, early ACLS), rear cockpit on USAF aircraft has flight controls, USN vs USAF Sidewinders and/or Falcon capability, slats vs no slats, just to name the obvious ones off the top of my head.

The F-4B and C are fairly similar. The D and J/S are not, and the latter are also a big change over the B.

Edited by TLTeo
  • Like 2

No slats on the B thru D. Later Bs had inverted slats retrofit onto the stabilizer, which came from the J. Same with aileron-droop and uplocked inner LE droops.

None of that was ever found on the C or D - the stabilizer slats and uplocked inner LE droops were introduced on the pre-slat E for the USAF models. Some Cs and Ds had no bullet-fairing under the nose. Some Ds had LORAN towel-rack antennas on the spine.

So ein Feuerball, JUNGE!

21 hours ago, Raviar said:

already announced as C,D and E , the E will release 1st, check the official announcement by HB

Sorry, I was wrong, I guess I read it somewhere (maybe not), but the announcement mentioned only two variants of E and the trailer is base on E

On 6/27/2022 at 11:10 AM, Bremspropeller said:

No slats on the B thru D. Later Bs had inverted slats retrofit onto the stabilizer, which came from the J. Same with aileron-droop and uplocked inner LE droops.

None of that was ever found on the C or D - the stabilizer slats and uplocked inner LE droops were introduced on the pre-slat E for the USAF models. Some Cs and Ds had no bullet-fairing under the nose. Some Ds had LORAN towel-rack antennas on the spine.

Nice -- BUT you are mixing up the terms "slats", "slots", "flaps" ... and "droops".  Of the Phantom models you mentioned (plus the S): the C,D,B, and J had wing leading and trailing edge flaps; S and E/G had leading edge wing slats (different between USAF and USN) and trailing edge flaps; E/G, J, retrofitted B and S had stabilator leading edge slots. "Droop" refers to ailerons that were automatically lowered in conjunction with the flaps on some USN models. RF and exported models differed, for example, no slotted stabs on German F-4F and Japanese F-4EJ. 

Gene K

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gene K said:

"Droop" refers to ailerons that were automatically lowered in conjunction with the flaps on some USN models

No. Those are called drooped/ drooping aileron.

A "droop" is a leading-edge device that will move down and won't open a slot. See Hawker Trident, where they are actually called that way. Or the A350 inboard LE devices.

14 minutes ago, Gene K said:

E/G, J, retrofitted B and S had stabilator leading edge slots

They're normally called slatted stabs. They were added and had increased chord over the basic tail. Kinematically they're slots as they don't move around, but so technically are the E/S outboard wing slats, which move around, but never are flush with the wing.

Let's not go down that rabbit hole.

21 minutes ago, Gene K said:

RF and exported models differed, for example, no slotted stabs on German F-4F and Japanese F-4EJ. 

The EJ actually have slatted tails.

http://nabe3saviation.web.fc2.com/aF41j.html

So ein Feuerball, JUNGE!

D phantoms would be really cool as it was a testbed for early PGMs such as the BOLT-117 and early pods such as PAVE KNIFE. Besides, F-4Ds served with multiple Air national guard units and would be cool to have it to model many home state units and was used by Iran as well. Also, the F-4D  was the ace maker of many vietnam ACES, Chuck DeBellevue, Steve Ritchie and  Jeffrey Feinstein all either had their first kills or were F-4D aces. +1

OIP.jpgdownload.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Fangs Out said:

D phantoms would be really cool as it was a testbed for early PGMs such as the BOLT-117 and early pods such as PAVE KNIFE. Besides, F-4Ds served with multiple Air national guard units and would be cool to have it to model many home state units and was used by Iran as well. Also, the F-4D  was the ace maker of many vietnam ACES, Chuck DeBellevue, Steve Ritchie and  Jeffrey Feinstein all either had their first kills or were F-4D aces. +1

OIP.jpgdownload.jpg

The reason I want the D 

On 7/14/2022 at 4:15 PM, LanceCriminal86 said:

Hopefully the FH-1

That would be a good one for the Navy.

3 hours ago, Dragon1-1 said:

Well, FH-1 Phantom is one thing, but the F2H-2 Banshee, which was developed from it, went on to fight in Korea. 🙂 We need more of those early jets, too.

And while on the subject of early jets, I'd pay for a F3J or F4J fury. Those planes were essentially redesigned F-86s for Naval service. 

download.jpg

download.jpg

• Like 2

That's a little off-topic, though, since these are part of the Sabrejet family. It would be nice to have them, maybe even the first Fury (the F-86 was basically a denavalized, swept wing FJ-1), but that's not necessarily related to the Phantom all that much.

9 hours ago, Fangs Out said:

And while on the subject of early jets, I'd pay for a F3J or F4J fury. Those planes were essentially redesigned F-86s for Naval service. 

download.jpg

download.jpg

FJ-4B or BUST.

FJ-4-Fury-Flight-882x1024.png

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!