Unable to call out the radio menu when a message appears

Hello, everyone! I bought RavenOne:DF campaign a few days ago, and there was a bug when I played the third mission.The task prompt requires me to press the "\" button to turn on the radio menu, and then continue.But when this message appeared, I could no longer call out the radio menu through the "\" button.I pressed the button and there was no response.Even this button of my HOTAS has no effect.The same bug appears in Mission4.I contacted the author of the campaign through Twitter. He said that this should be the problem at the bottom of the game, because the campaign cannot lock this button. I am suggested to get help through EDForum.Thanks a lot!

截屏2022-06-27 下午3.58.19.png

Check for correct freq and use Comm1 or Comm 2 transmit buttons as assigned in controls. Do not use \ this menu is for when you are on the ground. Hornet does not use simple radio.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

21分钟前,Gierasimov说:

Check for correct freq and use Comm1 or Comm 2 transmit buttons as assigned in controls. Do not use \ this menu is for when you are on the ground. Hornet does not use simple radio.

The bug did not appear on the ground.and,the mission needs to enter the radio menu of "\" then go to F10 other options and select one

As far as I remember my \ radio menu does not work when I am airborne in Hornet, only on the ground. 

When I use transmit switch F10 is there. 

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

3小时前,Gierasimov说:

As far as I remember my \ radio menu does not work when I am airborne in Hornet, only on the ground. 

When I use transmit switch F10 is there. 

In most cases, my \ will work, whether it is in the air or on land

"\" key is the game communicate command. It represents simply talking, no radio, or hot intercom. It also is used for "easy communications" assist mode as the automatic radio choosing command. This causes a lot of confusion because some users have "easy communications" assist on and other off so they will see different behavior.

In full simulation settings a cold airplane or helicopter may have "\" work because pilot voice can be heard. Then canopy is closed and "\" doesn't work because canopy blocks pilot voice. Then battery comes on and intercom is powered so "\" works again (ground crew plug telephone into side of airplane). In some helicopters even if door is open and engine is running "\" won't work because pilot voice is too weak compared to engine noise.

In air "\" won't work because it is (usually) not the command for pilot to transmit using radio. With "easy communications" assist on "\" works because it automatically chooses a radio to transmit so in that case "\" is radio transmit key.

8小时前,Frederf说:

"\" key is the game communicate command. It represents simply talking, no radio, or hot intercom. It also is used for "easy communications" assist mode as the automatic radio choosing command. This causes a lot of confusion because some users have "easy communications" assist on and other off so they will see different behavior.

In full simulation settings a cold airplane or helicopter may have "\" work because pilot voice can be heard. Then canopy is closed and "\" doesn't work because canopy blocks pilot voice. Then battery comes on and intercom is powered so "\" works again (ground crew plug telephone into side of airplane). In some helicopters even if door is open and engine is running "\" won't work because pilot voice is too weak compared to engine noise.

In air "\" won't work because it is (usually) not the command for pilot to transmit using radio. With "easy communications" assist on "\" works because it automatically chooses a radio to transmit so in that case "\" is radio transmit key.

so?still can't make the mission continue

In case you are not familiar with the radio comms menu yet, you need to know it's not mapped on the " \ " key for everyone, simply because DCS uses the English QWERTY keyboard layout.

If you're using the French AZERTY keyboard for instance, you need to press " * ".

azerty.png

• Like 1

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

2022/6/28 PM2点56分,Flappie说:

In case you are not familiar with the radio comms menu yet, you need to know it's not mapped on the " \ " key for everyone, simply because DCS uses the English QWERTY keyboard layout.

If you're using the French AZERTY keyboard for instance, you need to press " * ".

azerty.png

It is effective most of the time. It will fail only in some specific situations, such as when messages pop up in these two tasks

• 1 year later...