Jester?

pmaura

19 minutes ago, pmaura said:

can I rely on jester to basicaly take care of all my radar needs or does he still require a lot of coaching?

Depends on what you need.

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

2 hours ago, pmaura said:

I am lazy and just like flying and shooting 🙂 . Was just curious how autonmous jester was

What other DCS airplanes have you flown?   I'd say it's probably easier then some of the other single-pilot late generation planes.  It might even be easier in some respects to FC3 aircraft like the F-15C.  Just don't expect to fly around and have no interaction with Jester.  At some point you are going to need him to do something that he isn't currently doing.

On 6/29/2022 at 12:11 PM, Mike_CK said:

He will find enemy contacts on the radar and advise yo. He will also set up TWS for phoenix. Both autonomous 

Mind you though, "finding" stretches it a bit. He will see and recognize them when picked up by the radar, but he will not pro-actively manipulate the radar to look for them. Just to temper the expectations from that a bit.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

22 hours ago, IronMike said:

Mind you though, "finding" stretches it a bit. He will see and recognize them when picked up by the radar, but he will not pro-actively manipulate the radar to look for them. Just to temper the expectations from that a bit.

Sure. How about “let’s you know when the radar sees them”?

Yeah. A way to cue him to illuminate and try to find datalink contacts would be great. Also, a "sweep all altitudes" command to make him just run a few scans at each antenna elevation band, just to see what you get on the radar. There are more multi-step workflows that nonetheless don't require actual "thinking", which I think Jester could be programmed to do.