[Wish] ED - Please let us add Sub-Folders onto \StaticTemplate\

Rudel_chw

Dear ED,

When attempting to load a Static Template on the Mission Editor, it automatically filters them and shows only the ones that match the Map of the current Mission, and that is perfect 👍

However, the folder where the ST are stored, is a mess and complicates the maintenance of one's Template collection, because the \StaticTemplate\ folder does not allow us to organize the Templates onto Sub-Folders .. If I attempt to place templates on a Sub-Folder, the Mission Editor can't see them.

So, the current situation is that we are forced to keep all of our templates on a single folder, and even with a good naming convention it gets hard to manage when you get a few hundred templates, it looks like this:

W5cyzuT.jpg

So, my wish is that the Mission Editor's Load Static Template menu command should show not just the Templates from the root of the /Saved Games/DCS/StaticTemplate/ folder, but also the templates of any Sub-Folder that we create under /StaticTemplate/  🙏

Thanks a lot and hopefully this wish can be granted 👍

Eduardo.

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB