Mission 6 - Impact to aircraft on carrier deck, possible broken trigger

ClydeBigBird

A couple minutes into mission 6 while programming my JDAMs, the aircraft suddenly received an impact as if it hit an invisible wall or were caught in terrain.  The impact broke my rear left landing gear and I had to restart.  The second time, I removed the wheel chocks before this happened.  The impact still occurred, but it didn't damage the aircraft and I was able to continue.

I also didn't hear any further radio comms after receiving messages about POWER DRILL while approaching the IP.

• Like 1

This is a DCS bug with the Tomcats - they hit the player when the are enabled and spread their wings. I made player's aircraft invincible for the beginning of the mission, but it seems this does not work when the chocks are on, good find!  I will add a note to the mission to be sure that player removes the wheel chocks... no other way around it, can't position player somewhere else as this will break the whole Case 3 departure which took me hours to build properly. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

• 3 weeks later...

I also had the impact but no damage.

However after the POWER DRILL message the whole mission went on silent. There were no other comm. I quit the mission because I thought something I did wrong. Checked on Tacview my bombs hit the target.