Marianas - Training Missions for the JAS 39C Gripen aircraft Mod

Hello,

I have been enjoying using the JAS 39C Mod that appeared a year ago:

Since this Mod didn't had Training Missions, I started to edit training missions for it, mostly for the version of the Mod based on the free Su-25T and I believe that they turned out pretty well, so I'm now sharing them here, this is the download link:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3324687/

They are 9 missions in total:

Training.jpg

To use these missions, you need obviously the JAS 39C Mod, get it here:

https://github.com/whisky-actual/Community-JAS-39-C/releases

This is a really excellent Mod and it has a very active user community on Discord: https://discord.gg/WD3CPfRW

The missions are based on the free Marianas Map, but as its installation is optional you may not have it installed yet. It requires around 14 GB of disk space. I know some DCS users dislike this map because it has lower performance than Caucasus, but I honestly am tired of using the same old Map over and over again, so Marianas is for me a breath of fresh air and it offers a very different experience from Caucasus.

I'm also aware that there are DCS users that are put off by the synthetic audio on the voiceovers, but while I can read and write english fairly well, my spoken english is pertty awful 😝 .. you are much better off with the synthetic voiceovers, trust me 🤗

Also, most of the Weapon training missions require the 476th Fighter Group Target Range objects Mod, you can get it here:

https://www.476vfightergroup.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=287

Here is a series of video walkthroughs for each mission, that may help if you get stuck when flying one of them:

If you find any bug while flying these missions, please report it on this thread and I will do my best to fix it. 👍

Best regards,

Eduardo

PS: Almost forgot, to go along with my missions, I also added an entry to the Encyclopedia, as the Gripen didn't have one yet:

Encyclopedia.jpg

Edited by Rudel_chw
Added more details
  • Thanks 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 9 months later...
On 6/27/2022 at 9:45 AM, Rudel_chw said:

If you find any bug while flying these missions, please report it on this thread and I will do my best to fix it. 

Hello,

Today was released the 1.8.5 version of the Gripen Community Mod, and it includes the missions described above. Unfortunately, I edited those missions using the prior 1.8 version of the Mod, and testing them today I find that most don't work correctly on the new 1.8.5 version, mostly because the internal codes used on the UFC panel were changed.

I'm now starting to fix these bugs, but as these are 9 missions it will take a few days to fix them all. I will update this thread as soon as I have them all fixed, and of course at that moment I will send them also to the Gripen development team so that they can update them on their Github page.

Best regards,

Eduardo

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Perseus said:

Hi, what is the status of fixing the training missions for 1.8.5 version, are they done and just need to be uploaded ?

Hi,

I’ve updated 7 missions so far, still 2 to go.

will they be uploaded to DCS user files download

Yes.

P.S I love all of your training missions 😊👍

Thanks for the kind words 😀

On 4/1/2023 at 10:03 AM, Rudel_chw said:

Today was released the 1.8.5 version of the Gripen Community Mod, and it includes the missions described above. Unfortunately, I edited those missions using the prior 1.8 version of the Mod, and testing them today I find that most don't work correctly on the new 1.8.5 version, mostly because the internal codes used on the UFC panel were changed.

I'm now starting to fix these bugs, but as these are 9 missions it will take a few days to fix them all. I will update this thread as soon as I have them all fixed.

Hi,

Today I finally finished updating these training missions, so that they work with the current v1.8.5 of the Mod. Download it here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3324687/

Unfortunately, I was not able to update M15 Anti-radar Missiles, because the Gripen RWR and ELINT pod have issues that I was not able to circumvent, so I had to drop that mission from the set, sorry for that. Best regards,

Eduardo

• 6 months later...

Hi, thanks for doing these missions must have been a lot of work and are always going to be easily broken by a moving target such as a Mod which is constantly receiving updates. I think the UFC code changes you mentioned above have affected the logic of the cold & dark (mission number 1) as it gets stuck waiting for an input that I am unable to give. I had to remove the condition in the mission editor so that now you just press the spacebar to proceed but I am guessing there may be others which have the same UFC button checks?

• Like 1